My most satisfying Chap Goh Meh

13:00 Yannie 42 Comments

Yesterday Chap Goh Meh was my most satisfied Chap Goh Meh that I ever had. We went to Chinese Recreation Club (CRC) for the Chap Goh Meh buffet dinner. We had earlier bought 3 sets of vouchers for eight stalls of local hawker foods. Now, I'll let pictures do the talking.
April and May took picture with Papa and their ping pong coach. He is also a committee member of CRC.
First stall was the jelly and egg tart stall.
Second stall was the Siamese Laksa stall.
3rd stall was the 'Xiu Bak'  (in Hokkein) or 'Siu Yuk' (in Cantonese) stall.
4th stall was the fried kuey kak stall. I like this stall the best.
5th stall was the mee rebus stall.
Too bad, I forgot to snap pictures for the 6th stall of Nasi Lemak, 7th stall of Ice Kacang and 8th of Satay.  Hawker food is yummy, I'm loving it. After having all the very yummy local hawker food, there was something happened, which made me most excited and got insomnia the whole night.
Later through the dinner, I got to know that Member of Parliament for Taiping, Nga Kor Ming would be there. When he was finally there, he gave us a very impressive speech. Nga was my senior in University. We were living in the same campus for 3 years. He was the first few second year seniors whom I talked to on my first day in University.
My husband was friendlier than me when meeting him. Dear, Nga is my old friend, not yours, ok.
I was so surprised that he could still remember me, and we actually chatted like an old friend for a while. I could sense that so many people looking at us while we talked. He was the Member of Parliament for Taiping since 2008, but this was my first time meeting him. Water Dragon Year is really a better year for me.

42 comments:

  1. very rare to see the "roast pig" on live...
    usually just see the "finished product".
    The Laksa also look special to me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buffet dinner was quite special. The whole stall was preparing the food as per order.

      Delete
  2. Fried kuey kah is also my favourite hawker food.

    The highlight of the event must be Mr. Nga himself, I reckon (you seem overwhelmed meeting your senior, ahem)~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, the highlight is Nga Kor Ming.

      Delete
  3. Fried Kueh Kak is my fav too...sum more roasted pig....not bad leh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted pig was most people favaurite.

      Delete
  4. No wonder you said 'the most satisfied Chap Goh Meh' la! Cause you got to take photo together with Mr Nga... hehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, you got it. To me, finally it's happened after 3 years, knowing he would be here very often.

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    Happy Chap Goh Mei. We had lots of firecrackers here. Hehehe! So, your hubby was excited to meet a politician? I think you were excited too right?

    Haha! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm looks like a very special kind of CGM buffet huh, comes in hawker stalls style.. good, more authentic they cooked in front of you upon order right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was the idea of the dinner. Not bad huh!

      Delete
  7. hehe, those "jelly" fish looks very good woh, i think will get one for each color, and see which color taste the best, hahahaha!! only if they are not just coloring lah~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't try it. My girls wallopped all of them.

      Delete
  8. hehe, that means your hubby is a very friendly guy mah, see how nice he treated Mr Nga?? he loves you then also like your friend mah~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I hope he was like what you thought.

      Delete
  9. so did nga kor ming give a very aggressive speech that night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only short speech, as he had another function to attend.

      Delete
  10. Yes, I heard of the Nga brothers.. from Sitiawan, if i m not mistaken?

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much food, no wonder you were satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  12. d roast pig is waiting to b slaughter .. LOL..
    yummy siu yuk...
    I met Nga @ ipoh b4...
    Very nice guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a very nice and friendly guy.

      Delete
  13. Wow..it seems your Chap Goh Mei was fun indeed especially meeting an old friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome CGM for you! I would have attacked the siew yoke first if I were at the buffet lunch :D

      Delete
    2. Yee Ling, yes, a memorable CCM.

      Delete
    3. Shireen, I broke record and took a lot of siew yoke also. Sure fat this time.

      Delete
  14. Hi Yan,

    wow, they made it like those charity jumbo sale. How nice got to meet up w old friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a very buffet dinner and a very special encounter with an old friend.

      Delete
  15. Hahaha. It's the most satisfying because of meeting an old friend and not tasting all those food, am I right? Hubby wasn't jealous? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. May be he got jealous a bit. Hahahaha! Because I kept talking about him the whole night.

      Delete
  16. Hey, you changed your blog template. Very nice. You are tempting me with the yummy food :P Psst...of course your senior can remember a pretty tall lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next trip, when you come, we go for hawker food. Thanks for the compliment

      Delete
  17. Wah, after meeting and talking to your old friend, you became so excited until couldn't sleep. He must be someone you admired for a long time, eh? Hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't admire him la! I didn't know he will become Member for Parliament, otherwise, may be.....hahahahah!

      Delete
  18. Wow wow wow wow.. are we reading between the lines here? Somebody's giving you insomnia.. wink wink :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long long time didn't meet him, so get really excited.

      Delete
  19. Really yummy especially that roasted pork! hehehe! Dont wonder you said it is the most satisfied CHap Goh Mei dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted pork stall had the longer queue that night.

      Delete