2012-02-24

Sweet Pumpkin Kuih

I wanted to make steamed pumpkin kuih long ago. I had finally made it on Monday. The recipe that I followed is from Frozen wings.
I don't have the 6"x6" square tin, so I used a big round microwave cooking container. I steamed it in the evening and kept it in the fridge for a night. Then, I brought the whole container to the office on the next morning.
I purposely took the very close shot of my very FIRST steamed pumpkin kuih, so that it didn't look that ugly. It was too soft for me to cut it into good shape. May be I had added too much water. I was thinking of stealing the beautiful pumpkin kuih picture from other blogs, but I must be honest and truthful to all my dearest readers. So, I still put up my FIRST steamed pumpkin kuih picture, though it looked horrible.

I wanted to thank my colleagues in my department like Yvonne and Celine, and also my colleagues in Account department like Angeline and her gang for helping me to finish off my very FIRST ugly pumpkin kuih.  They said "它很丑,可是它很好吃!" ( It looks ugly, but tastes fine).  Thank you, you guys are the best.

15 comments:

  1. Your steam pumpkin cake is delicious. Very QQ. Thanks for the treat, neighbour

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taste is there, only lacking of the look. I'm looking forward your next attempt *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok, practice makes perfect ma~

    I'm sure your pumpkin kuih will be better next time~

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks nice, I have not tried this before.The one I have eaten are those like the yum cake which is salty and goes well with chilly source.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yan, u did the right thing. No need to be afraid to post up the pic of the ugly looking kuih. It was your 1st attempt. The next one will sure be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. How does it taste like? Like the tapioca kuih?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shireen, it tasted lik tapioca kuih. Many said so.

      Delete
  7. the look isnt important as long as it tastes superb :D

    Latest: Lovely Taste at 6

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, although the look is not very interesting, but then i think it taste good.. most of the time, simple things at their most basic are the best~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh sheoh yan, sorry that it didnt turn out as nice as you would hv expected. Sometimes it could be also due to the different moisture content in pumpkins, i shld have put a note there..i would love to improve on that recipe a bit too. Never mind..i'll make you some if i get to see you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't look ugly to me at all. At least you tried and it is through failure that you learn to make improvement in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh..you are making me salivate. i think i want to try this out too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well honesty is always the best policy .. LOL..
    the most important is d taste ...
    So next time it will be perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheoh, keep up the good work. It looks ok to me, nice colour.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete