Baked bread pudding
Since I had successfully grilled the Bovril chicken wings, I decided to bake something simple with my halogen oven. Before I start baking cakes, cookies and breads, I tried baking bread pudding.
Yvonne and I shared a loaf of bread. She had blogged about her half loaf of bread pudding, and here is mine.
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I reduced to 1/2 cup only)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I skipped this)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I skipped this)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut bread into small pieces into an 9 inch round baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins. I put in a banana for extra taste and nicer aroma.In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and sugar (vanilla and cinnamon). Beat until well mixed.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped
I referred to the recipe, it stated to bake for 45 minutes. I off the power at 30 minutes as I could smell the light burning already. Thank God, it still tasted delicious .