2012-03-27

Baked bread pudding

Since I had successfully grilled the Bovril chicken wings, I decided to bake something simple with my halogen oven. Before I start baking cakes, cookies and breads, I tried baking bread pudding.
Yvonne and I shared a loaf of bread. She had blogged about her half loaf of bread pudding, and here is mine.

Ingredients
  • 6 slices day-old bread
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup white sugar (I reduced to 1/2 cup only)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I skipped this)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I skipped this)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut bread into small pieces into an 9 inch round baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins. I put in a banana for extra taste and nicer aroma.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and sugar (vanilla and cinnamon). Beat until well mixed.
4. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped

I referred to the recipe, it stated to bake for 45 minutes. I off the power at 30 minutes as I could smell the light burning already. Thank God, it still tasted delicious .

20 comments:

  1. mmm...can see it's very delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea to add in banana into your bread pudding! Enhance the flavour and I like the smell of banana (wokay, I'm a banana girl and I love banana, so biased here).

    Reading through your recipe and I realized.... our steps is the same, muahahaha! Except the last one because we are using different type of oven :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really a banana fans and of course adding it must be more tastier than the original bread pudding. I like your bread pudding texture very much. Although I've never tasted it, but can see it is moist and not watery. *Thumbs up* for you again Yan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheoh, your bread pudding look delicious, the texture look perfect too. Very nice combo of banana and raisin. 2 thumbs up for you, keep up the good work.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooi, looks good woh.. got banana and raisins somemore.. i like!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't have vanilla or chocolate sauce to accompany the pudding?? hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmyyy....very delicious!! Your halogen oven really can do lots of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I burned the raisins on my pudding too.....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is great , Yan! your bread pudding looks very good..lucky you got a sharp nose to detect the burning smell...LOL!! but seriously, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bread pudding with banana... what a good idea. Your girls have been enjoying a lot of home-baked goodies lately. How nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good try and result is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This banana raisin plus bread... gosh, it looks good and easy to make too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, my mum got that type of convention oven but she never used for baking cakes. Mostly for roasting meats.

    your recipe sound simple, I must "steal" my mum's oven one day and give this recipe a try. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh... bread pudding is so easy to make! I didn't know this! Good try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your oven looks so cute! I love bread pudding. Will try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your multipurpose halogen oven :) can easily bake anything each day!

    Latest: Authentic Thai Food outside Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yan, I can see you're on a roll with baking and cooking recently. I'd love to try this and also the cream cracker cake you shared. My oven looks similar to yours but I dont know if it's a halogen one :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you are really on a roll here. I guess the happiest must be your princesses who get to eat mommy's baking/cooking eh? Now i'm tempted to make bread pudding after seeing yours and Yvonne's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once the baking or cooking bug starts biting you, it is hard to stop right? That's good. Seeing you so motivated. Is that a halogen oven? I've never heard or seen it before. So jakun lar. hahaha.You finally bought this oven?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh...homemade bread pudding. I like! Look so delectable!

    ReplyDelete