Food is to nourish the body,and book is to feed the soul
I have talked a lot about my home made snacks for the past few days. I shall pause for a while and talk about other topics. When Ian's mom shared about Ian's Chinese Reading Frenzy, I was inspired by her on getting Chinese reading materials for both my girls. Before that, I only borrowed books from the club library, and I only borrowed English books for them.
These are the books that I ordered online from Odonata(红蜻蜓).
1. 《闪亮的时刻》Bright Times - 漫画 Comic MYR 12.00
2. 二年级 我会读好故事（一套六本）Standard 2 Self Reading Stories Books (1 set 6 books) MYR 25.00
3. 《十月》 October - 漫画 Comic MYR 12.00
4. 风云人物郑小强 The Extraordinary Boy - Illustration Novel MYR 14.00
5. 三年级 我会读好故事（一套六本）Standard 3 Self Reading Stories Books (1 set 6 books) MYR 25.00
6. 神奇望远镜 The Magical Telescope - Illustration Novel MYR 14.00
7. 一年级 我会读好故事（一套六本）Standard 1 Self Reading Stories Books (1 set 6 Books) MYR 25.00
Since I bought a total amount of RM127, I got them in free delivery.
April had also finished reading 风云人物郑小强 The Extraordinary Boy -Illustration Novel on last week. She will finish reading 神奇望远镜 The Magical Telescope - Illustration Novel in these 2 days. Then, I will let her start with the two comics 《闪亮的时刻》Bright Times and 《十月》 October .
At first, I worried that April would not be able to comprehend the novels. Then, I was surprised to know that April likes the novels very much. She finds the novels funny and interesting. She is eager to read the novels everyday. She has asked for the next copy of the same author. I helped her to check with the publisher yesterday. There is a new illustration novel launched soon, and it is allowed for pre-ordering next week.
I am now reading all the books that they have finished reading. I want to learn that what is the morale of the story of each book, I also want to know that what new vocabulary they have learned in the books. After I read, we would share and discuss about the interesting parts that we found in each book.
I believe that my girls will improve in their essay writing by reading lots of books.