2012-03-31

RM1 for 100% correct

April and May have Ejaan for BM, Spelling for English and Ting Xie for Chinese every week in school. They also have a different set of Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie every week in tuition. Altogether, they have 2 sets of Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie every week.
My husband and I will write those words along with the schedule date on the white board. We will also give them practices prior to the date. 
In order to encourage them to do well in all Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie, I reward them with RM1 for 100% correct for each subject. Every 2 weeks, I will bring them to either Popular Book Store or Mr. DIY to buy things that they like with the money that I reward them.  We have started this a month ago, and each of them has collected around RM20 in 2 weeks.  See, the amount of Spelling, Ejaan and Ting Xie that they have gone through in just 2 week time.
Now, they are the one to remind me to give them practise 2 days before the date. They even ask for more Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie from their Tuition teacher.

I don't know whether this reward scheme is a right way in encouraging them to do well for the subjects, but at least I see them looking forwards to each Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie right now.

20 comments:

  1. I try not to emphasize too much on money reward for good academic performance now that Ian is in std 3. I used that a lot too prior to that and found it to be very effective on my boy. This year, I apply a different strategy, i.e. to keep drumming into his head that getting good grades are part of his responsibility. Not so successful yet, still trying hard. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay lah small amount, not like giving Iphone or Ipad kan? Anyway, i believe your girls will really do well with their studies,you know why? cos their parents are interested in their studies too,, kudos to you and hub

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehhehe....i like this rewarding system. I believe when my girl enter primary school, she will know the use of money..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I prefer to give them sticker or a movie treat...hahaha. My son also after he done his spelling and ting xie revision, he allowed to play with his play doh making pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good reward.. sooner or later, can save to buy what they want already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to reward RM1 for 100% correct & writing them on the whiteboard is an idea. Unfortunately for Ting Xie, me and my wife don't write chinese characters, so, daughter have to ask the cousins to write (in roman) how they the 'sound'. Tougher but not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The money reward trick is quite good, at least they can keep the money and buy what they want...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, i actually think this is a good idea to motivate them and push them for better performance.. errr, only if that doesn't create any pressure lah..

    ReplyDelete
  9. actually parents also spend money on the kids anyhow, so might as well us them as reward and then let the kids use that money rewarded to them to buy things with the money.. a twist in the way you spend on their needs that seems more motivating, hehe.. clever lah you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and i think you can use this as a strategy for their exams result.. eg: RM5 for 90% and above, RM3 for 80% and above..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since they buy the trick, so it is a good reward program!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fact that they have collected so much money is because they have been getting full marks all the way. Good job, girls! Monetary rewards are fine to me as long as it keeps them motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. good reward..will motivate them to achieve more..:)

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think your girls are keen to learn and want to do well in all tests that are put to them, not just becos of the reward. i'm sure their tuition teacher doesnt give them reward and yet they are looking forward to the spelling lessons. Good girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. well it is definetely motivate them to move forward....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't implement any money reward scheme on my girl when come to study. Maybe I would turn to this as my last resort, as now I'm still able to get her to get her work done. Of course, mine doesn't score 100 every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only reward my boy with stars and little drawing on his paper. :) I guess that means a lot to him cos i saw him kept it in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, i like this idea. right now i only tell mine that she gets ice-cream as rewards...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good motivation. Probably I should start this scheme for my girl too! :p

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only rewards my son with sweets for the time being...probably when he enters primary school, this will be useful!! Will keep this in mind ^__^

    ReplyDelete