In order not to let the home baking fever go down, I steamed banana cake last weekend. I got the recipe from here.Ingredients
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg (can be substituted with 50ml of milk or water; I once ran out of egg and substituted with water and it worked fine)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 100g (2/3 cup to close to 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with a fork until well blended.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Steam the cake on a rack for 15 to 18 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove banana cake from the steamer and let it cool for a few minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the cake and pop the cake out of the bowl. Here you are, a warm and fragrant cake ready in less than 25 minutes.
If you have some over ripe banana at home, don't waste it. Try this very simple and quick steamed banana cake recipe.