2012-03-26

Steamed Cream Cracker Cake

I have steamed a cake which I love it very much. I am also proud to say that it was my very successful first attempt in making Cream Cracker Cake.

I just tried out to make one layer in my first attempt. It will be nicer if it is in multi layers of original and Milo taste. 
 I love this cake more than those cakes that I have steamed earlier, because I love how it tasted.

I want to make this cream cracker cake again, and this time I must make it in layers.
Ingredients:
250gm butter
170gm Castor sugar
200gm cream cracker ( I put about 15 pieces of plain cream crackers into a plastic bag and mash it)
5 eggs, beaten
2 & 1/2 tbsp Milo/coco powder (I skipped this)

Method:
1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the beaten eggs in batches and mix well.
3. Pour in cream cracker powder in batches and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into half. Add coco powder too one of the portion. (I skipped this)
5. Spread a layer of original flavoured batter in the baking tray. Steam for 5 minutes. Then continue with a layer of coco flavoured batter and steam for 5 minutes. Continue doing this with alternating flavoured until finish up the batter.
6. Test with toothpick and it should come out clean.

23 comments:

  1. I've never heard nor taken cracker biscuit cake before. Now your recipe here showed it very simple to bake :)

    Will it be heaty? I'm still recovering from bad cough (you know that!) and I don't wish to worsen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eee....am really getting itchy hand...must really go and find the ingredients and try out your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheoh ,your cake look delicious and moist. I help you add oil here, keep up the good work. Waiting to see more baking and cooking from your kitchen.

    Have a nice day and enjoy playing in the kitchen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh cream crackers cake?? this is something new for me leh!! oh, it's really SODA BENG??!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got any left for me? Next round k...I miss this cake too...long time didn't make this dy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like "faat gou", but dunno whether it taste like also.. so i think you can patent this recipe already, inspired by bread pudding?? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. so this one is your masterpiece?? going to inherit down to your two girls or not??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really into baking nowadays. Good for you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how this tastes like. Tastes like malai goe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. steaming is much healthier. I like this. Wondering how does it taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steamed cake is healthier and less heaty I guess. Will surely try to steam a cake (hopefully to regain my baking mojo).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake looks delicious! Steamed cake is less heaty. I should try it one of these days. Looks pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very curious about the taste. Will try this one day :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this is quite good because my mom use to buy for me when I go back home town. Steam cake is better than bake cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you are also into the baking mode eh? ok i have to try this recipe soon! you are making me drool :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheoh Yan, well done! Looks real good too.
    I guess will go well with iced coffee too.
    Okay, what's next? Durian cake? Ha ha.
    Have fun.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, you are also into the baking mode eh? ok i have to try this recipe soon! you are making me drool :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great recipe.....my kids would love this....

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have had cream cracker most of the time, but first time seeing it in a cake form :) yummy looking indeed!

    Latest: Innovative Chinese Buns

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting to see you using cracker to steam a cake as this is totally new to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow.. i super love steamed cake as well. MUST try this! Thanx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. would love to see you making this cake with the cocoa layer. NOw after seeing a few of your steamed cakes, i also feel like making one..see how one influences another..:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. seems so delicious. Never knew cream cracker can be made into cake.

    ReplyDelete