2012-04-29

Banana chocolate chips cup cake

These were the best cupcakes that I ever made with my halogen oven. I proudly said so, as I love the taste and the texture of these cupcakes
This time I referred to Sonia's blog. She made 10 cupcakes, I used only half measurement for the ingredients and made 5 cupcakes only. Bake with my halogen oven at 160C for 20 minutes.

Talking about my halogen oven, my guinea pigs colleagues were suggesting me to buy an electric oven after tasting many of my failure attempts. They would inform me excitedly whenever they saw ovens on sales at Tesco and Giant's flyer. So far I got to know that Panasonic oven is RM89 at Tesco and Elba oven is only RM79 at Giant. My husband too, wanted to drive me to Giant to grab one, but I stopped him. I told him, "Buy the normal oven already, my halogen oven will be at no use then. " . That's why I am still baking with my halogen oven.
I decorated the top part with melted chocolate bar and butter.
Special thanks to a mummy blogger who keeps her wings in the freezer. She wrote to me and  told me that I need to be more patient when beating butter and sugar, whisking eggs, and finally folding in flour. 

Till then, I have a long weekend before I come back to blog sphere again.

27 comments:

  1. Well done Yan!

    Enjoy your long weekend ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah yeah!! another baking day, looks good and i like the combination of banana and chocolate..

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually true with your colleagues also lah.. since you like baking so much, it's worth to invest in a more "proper" oven lor..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah, with halogen oven also you can bake so well.. if with the proper oven, die lor, sure very professional already~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. next is you don't just take recipes from others, but you come out with your own recipes.. that will be very interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. they really look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally u succeed....
    A nice one.... So u will b baking more n more muffins....

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh they look great!! i just 'baked' some too over the weekend. will blog about it soon :P i love your colourful cupcake holders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thumbs up to your determination and never give up attitude. Congrats! Those cupcakes look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look great! i see they have risen beautifully and the texture looks good! good work!! I didnt know that the panasonic oven is selling at that low price, hey, i think you can bake more cookies if you were to use a normal oven.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya I agreed wt you Sheoh Yan! Don't waste it, but use it. :) I used the steam cake recipe but instead of steaming it, I baked it yesterday, with added banana. It's so yummy!! It's so simple and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looks fluffy and soft... I can literally smell the fragrance!;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy to see your success too :) The cake is very nicely baked. If you really intend to buy a new oven, please don't buy Elba. I have one and it's not good... very uneven heat and makes me fail at many baking attempts :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I can smell the cup cakes over here! aromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so totally impressive..I'm all over the recipe..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks good. With baking, it also takes time to learn about your oven as each oven behaves and works differently. Sometimes, you may have to adjust the temperature to suit. More practice plus you and your family benefits too. With muffins you can also freeze them and to defrost, just microwave to reheat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. U have strong determination. If me, once fail, try again. Fail again, go buy from bakery dy :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This cupcake looks delicious....U r getting bettter and better now!

    In fact, I got my electric oven at RM99...ehhehe. Still working good till now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, this is the best cupcakes ever from your halogen oven :D

    Please keep baking (so that I can taste again, nom nom nom) and repair your weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super moist cakes... Just love it..

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cupcakes look colourful and yummy :-)

    First time to your blog, hopped over from Angeline's :-)

    Hope u had a good holiday!

    http://kristieblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are improving!! Keep it up! I love to see your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your cupcakes look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Job well done ya! With your determination, you will surely succeed!

    Btw, thanks for the compliment. I'm not that young as you think. I'm mid 30s already lor.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What's the difference between halogen oven and electric oven? Envy you that you've got such nice colleagues. Can't wait to see what's your next baking products!

    ReplyDelete