2012-04-24

Batik Cake

Batik Cake is the only snack that I baked and my girls are asking for it again and again.
I got the ingredients and the step by step of instruction from here.  I used only half of all the ingredients, and replaced the Marie biscuits with cream crackers.
100gm Milo, half can of Sweetened Condensed milk, 2 eggs, half teaspoon of vanilla, and 75 gm margarine.
I broke 2 pieces of cream crackers into 4 and placed into the pan as the bottom layer, which had earlier lined with non stick baking paper.
Whisk beaten eggs, milk and Milo until everything blended well . Cook it with margarine in a non stick pan over medium fire until thick and grainy.
Off the fire and pour the mixture onto the cream crackers. Break and put another 2 to 3 pieces of cream crackers on top of the mixture, and again layered it with the mixture untill all used up. I used only 9 pieces of cream crackers for this much of ingredients.
I forgot to fold the the baking paper on top, and to press down and compact the cake. That's why the top surface of my Batic Cake didn't look so smooth and nice.

Anyway, my girls enjoyed this batik cake very much, may be because it tastes like chocolate waffle biscuit and it is sweet.

p/s: I like cream crackers in Batic Cake, as it gives a little bit of salty taste in this very sweet Batik Cake.

27 comments:

  1. It looks nice, but won't give it a try at this moment. :P Wait till my children are bigger, else I think I will grow horizontally if I were to finish it by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girl requests this again and again, too. Those with sweet tooth sure ask this for more~~ And I prefer marie biscuits, because I like it super sweet! Hehehe!

    But I restrict her from taking so much. Scare body gets over "heaty".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the surface, I bet it taste good since you said your gals request for it again.. Yumz~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i've never heard of batik cake before.. so this is the batik cake?? is this something commonly known or just a name you gave?? :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good woh, and also not difficult to make.. but i scared this will be too sweet and after eating will be very "jai" or not??

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe if i do, i say maybe lah haha, i will put more biscuit and less of those.. errr, jam?? sauce?? filling?? what you call that ah??

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you think it's a good idea to mix in some oats into the, errr, again, jam/sauce/filling?? i think would be healthier hor??

    ReplyDelete
  8. and then i will put a little natural yoghurt to eat with this cake, hmmm, very delicious the sourness can neutralise the sweetness.. agree?? and then won't be so heaty mah, hor??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kam piah batik cake it is also good! Great attempt! I'll mark this recipe down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw Wendy made long time ago, already bookmarked but till now have yet to try, I scare my family don't like it. You at least your family know how to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love Batik cake too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think it is nice also..
    i prefer sweet cakes.. yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah, very nice. Must add this to my "to-do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! I used to make this when I was still in my teens. I didn't use eggs so cooking was not required... just mixed everything together, pressed it down and refrigerate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheoh, your batik cake look good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! A recipe that uses Milo! I have been looking for something like this! I`ve only made Milo cookies, and they were a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good try, yan! i've not made these before but i'm sure it tasted fabulous! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i know why is it called batik! :) because of the colorful layers? it looks good and i havent try any before

    Latest: Freshest Sashimi Ever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very special cake, my first time heard about it. It looks extremely yummy, it must be very tasty.... sweet and salty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice combination. I find biscuits can do so many things in baking a cake. Hope I can have the time to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I've never heard of batik cake b4 too. I bet it tastes good. You're improving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh..that's how batik cake looks like. Looks so yummy and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete