2012-04-11

Chocolate cupcakes

I would like to thank all your valuable comments and support that you folks dropped in my earlier post on making cupcakes. Thanks for sharing your experiences, thoughts and knowledges on baking cupcakes.

Thus, I was getting ready with more flour, sugar, eggs and other baking ingredients, as I was not too sure of how many attempts I might need to go through before I could announce to the world that I make it.  
Next, I made sure that I equipped with more "ka chang" (baking tools) .
Again, I utilized my daughters' tuition hours to play "masak-masak" in my kitchen. If failed, I could throw it away and quickly whipped up some pancakes. If succeeded, then my daughters could take chocolate cupcakes as supper. 
This time I followed this recipe. I mixed all purpose flour and self raising flour in 50:50 ratio. No baking powder. I baked 8 cupcakes only. Due to the first 3 bad experiences, which all the cupcakes rose in the middle like volcano, I tried to use bigger cup and fill up less batter in each cup. I also tried to lower the temperature to 125C and bake it slower for 25 minutes in my very strong halogen oven. 
 Finally, the cupcake didn't look like volcano, but it looked more like earthquake.
Anyway, I still have room to improve to become better and better. I am not upset. Many told me so, it isn't me not good, it is the halogen oven. Thanks, you folks are so best.

29 comments:

  1. Hi Sheoh, the texture of the cake look good, soft and moist. Bake a few each time to play around with the oven temperature and baking time to get the perfect result you want. Keep up the good work, dear.

    Have a nice day play masak masak, I'm playing in my kitchen too but half way kaypoh-ing in cyber world.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow Yan, I am so proud of you, well done! next time you can use self raising flour, easy for you! no need to add baking powder some more... I use SRF for all kind of cakes/cupcakes LOL...

      I really admire how you treat your both princess to love "main masak-masak", good for them, for you too...If I have a daughter, I would use a similar approach so that they love the amazing world of kitchen.

      Mel, your kaypoh is sweet sweet kaypoh...hahaha

      Delete
  2. Well, at least got improvement! Good job good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm....they look so good. Those cups can be put in the oven? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah, now come holiday sure you are doing some baking already huh?? even stock up all the "baking gadgets" somemore..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, great improvements huh?? and then you are using the square cup, so cute lah.. next time can fill up more into the cup lah..

    ReplyDelete
  6. no need to bake chocolate bread, you can also use this cupcake to do the strawberry filling.. should be nice..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yan you really done a very good job! After seen your hardwork thru so many try and error. Your cupcakes really turn out nicely and good. Confirmed, the halogen is the culprit. Keep up the mojo. I guess it is time your got reason to wish for a Mother's day gift from your white knight....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good.. earthquake or not, it is the taste that counts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks better this time :) hope to see a perfect one soon!

    Latest: Cake Temptations

    ReplyDelete
  10. You serve as a good cupcakes/muffin guru to me. I learned a lot from you, before I started my muffin baking. You shared a lot of tips - dos an don's. Keep on baking, Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear yan,
    oooo..you did invest much in this hobby.. is quite expensive isn't it? but is worth when you can have fun with your two princesses..keep it up~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Homemade cakes and desserts every night! Your girls are so so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never give up! Yay! Does not matter whether it looks like volcano or earthquakes, the taste is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  14. muahahahha... i like the way u put it, "Finally, the cupcake didn't look like volcano, but it looked more like earthquake"!

    It looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cuppies looks nice!! Got improvement. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oo don't give up. I myself also baked so many chiffon cakes edi but still not happy with it and i wont give up too. Let's GAMBATEH!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi yan, good work! maybe next time you can just put a little more batter into the muffin cases. It will take some time to explore into your halogen oven, we all struggle and learn as we bake. Have fun trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those cups can be put in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these type of cups can put in oven.

      Delete
  19. Yan, you could come up with nice cupcakes like this although you are not using a normal convention oven is good effort already. Try again. I think you are getting the hang of using your halogen oven.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoho..i want! leng lui mummy Yan~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know one day you will master baking skill and come out with nice cupcakes and muffin. Sorry I can not help much since I have no experience on your type of oven.

    ReplyDelete
  22. how cool you can put them in the oven!!
    I love learning something new everyday...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. delicious inviting cakes.
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wah! Got improvement! Give yourself a pat in the back. I'm sure your princesses were so proud.

    ReplyDelete