Steamed cream cracker layer cake

14:49 Yannie 22 Comments

Since I have successfully steamed cream cracker cake earlier, I tried putting in Milo and making it in layers on Saturday. 

 1. Grease pan.
 2. Get ready ingredients as below.
  • 250gm butter (1 piece of Buttercup)
  • 170gm Castor sugar
  • 200gm cream cracker (27 pieces), mashed
  • 5 eggs, beaten
  • 2 & 1/2 tbsp Milo
 3. Melt butter and mix with sugar in a large bowl.
 4. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
 5. Use another bowl and break eggs in it.
 6. Whisk eggs until fluffy.
 7. Add the beaten eggs in batches into butter and sugar.
 8. Mix everything well.
 9. Divide the mixture into half. Add MILO to one of the portion.
 10. Continue to mix well two different portions. 
 11. Spread a layer of original flavored batter in the baking tray. Steam for 5 minutes. Then continue with a layer of Milo flavored batter and steam for 5 minutes. Continue doing this with alternating flavored batter until finish up the batter.
 Even my husband who isn't a cake lover, likes this Cream Cracker Layer Cakes.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me taste cream cracker cake. It's delicious and filling, burps!

    By adding milo into the batter, I reckon it smells nice. Or is it only me who like choco?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still on a baking frenzy Sheoh Yan? Good good...wish we are nearer so i get to eat some like Yvonne...hahhahaha. Now i feel like making some tonight :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have 2 helpful kitchen assistants. I can see that May is getting good in whisking eggs :) For a non-cake lover to like this, it must be very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, so weekend is your cooking days?? good, you are putting in new ideas to the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. then can come out with lots of varieties and flavors.. hmmm, next time can do Milo and Horlicks flavor..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sedapnya!!...You are really good at making cakes! So lucky to have two assistants in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you're into baking so often now, can consider to invest a cake mixer, save alot of energy beating and time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job!

    This entry reminds me of mylittlesprouts.blogspot.com who usually write on baking cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tabik!!! Layer cake also can make. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe

    Visiting from
    www.withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really yummy! Sounds like a very tedious and time consuming process eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheoh Yan, you're a great mother! Getting your daughters to learn baking and cooking.
    Not many will do that.
    Like this when they marrying age can ask for dowery, ha ha ha.
    What with their mother's traffic stopper looks too....

    Incidentally, the last time I was at that Maxwell waterfall was wayyyyy back in the '70s.
    Yes, that long ago.
    But I will certainly put Taiping at top of my list of places I will drop by, when I balek kampong one of these days.
    And Sheoh Yan, I shall be looking forward to say, "hi Sheoh Yan, I'm Lee".
    You stay young, stay beautiful, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this recipe recently too and adding the extra milo layer is such a yummy idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    For me, I steamed the cream cracker biscuit with luncheon meat(stir fried with big onions),make it layer by layer.also taste nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. with extra Milo layer, lagi bagus! kids sure love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's really nice to see your kids getting so much involved in all these. i reckon the cake with the addition of milo tastes better than the plain ones earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmm...yummy. Your two princesses have become pro in kitchen now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheoh, you and your girls are excellent. Keep up the good work. The cake look nice and delicious.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanna try this too. My oven just went kaput and all I can do now is steam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will give a try when time permits...Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete