2012-04-20

Things we did on the public holiday of Perak Sultan's Birthday

Perak Sultan's Birthday was the holiday that I looked forward since the CNY break, and I have missed Pertabalan Agung off day on 11 April (p/s: my company has changed the off day to 30 April. )

I have so many things planned to do on this day. It was not a very relaxing day for us, but it was a very fruitful day for us.

In the morning, after sending my two girls to table tennis training, I went to the gym with my husband.
After lunch, I  prepared and designed a few cards which I had earlier got the ideas from Internet. We wanted to make Mother's Day card, Teacher's Day card and Father's Day card for April to take part in the card making competition at school
 I outlined and cut the cards, then I let the girls write and decorate the cards themselves.
 "Tea is for teacher", obviously these are the cards for Teacher's Day.
 I let May make one Yellow tea cup card for her kindergarten form teacher as well.
 This window card is the Mother's Day card. They used finger prints to decorate the card.
 I used the old lacy scarf to make the curtain and ribbon.
This camera card is for Father's Day. I used a jar lid to make the len.
Tell me, Tea Cup Teacher's Day card, Window Mother's Day card and Camera Father's Day card,  which card is nicer?
When we have finished all the cards, the girls went playing badminton outside the house with their papa.
While they were playing badminton, I stole some time to do a simple baking.
I got the Batik Cake recipe from Table for 2... or more (Wendy). I replaced the marie biscuits with cream crackers, and used only half measurement of all ingredients. My girls love it very much, but it is too sweet for my liking.

We retired to bed quite early that evening.

33 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the tea-cup for Teachers' Day but the colour for Mother's day is too sweet to be ignore... all cards are uniquely good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah did so many things ah. Really fully utilised the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All cards are nice, but I prefer the Window Mother's Day card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the cards. They have their own creativity and style. Tea cup is very nice. The window with lace card is another great idea. The camera card for father's day is also good! Hard to choose which one is nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually replacing 11/4 to 30/4 also good lah, at least you have it connecting with 1/5 so you have longer weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the kids and hubby are not on holidays. Hubby needs to take leave and wait for the kids the come back from school before 'actual' family time.

      Delete
  6. so seems like your holiday is even more tiring than normal working days right?? hahaha, you have more things to do instead of the routine work of your job~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, all cards also nice lah.. it's the thought that counts right?? and i would say it's very creative for the cup to have the tea bag in it, haha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cake looks good leh, like some layer cake with rich chocolate and fluffy sponge.. i like it by looking at the photo, but dunno the taste lah..

    ReplyDelete
  9. anyway, my taste very close to kids one lah, if they like it then i most probably will also like it.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all, greedy hor? Each has unique design and can't choose my favorite.

    However I noticed papa's card only has 1 name, how about the other sister? She made different one for papa?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect holiday spent with family......
    Very nice......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice activities....
    The cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fruitful day. All 3 cards are beautiful. Love them! Ok..now you are making me so hungry with the cake. I should really try doing all yr recipes one of these days. Just need some free time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW, do you think i can replace the condensed/evaporated milk with just fresh milk/full cream milk in the batik cake recipe? i find the earlier ones very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kid loves sweet cake. If you use fresh milk and full cream, may be adults like it, but not children.

      Delete
  15. the cards look fabulous! so does the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'd prefer the cards in camera shape :) i gonna make some too!

    Latest: Best Milk Ever

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the camera card more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheoh Yan, very impressive, and creative too. You are good! Ya, nothing like doing something with our hands, trying out something new.
    Sheoh Yan, I couldn't help smiling see the house with the clothes and underwear hanging to dry on the road. Not yours, huh? Neighbours?
    Holy Smoke! What about dust from passing cars?
    Isn't there a back garden for them to dry their clothes?

    Here in Toronto, not even allowed to hang clothes in the garden at rear.
    Reason being neighbours have bbqs or enjoy have a beer in their garden and they will not appreciate seeing bras and panties, whatever swinging in the breeze.
    Ha ha ha.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am ROTFL at Uncle Lee's comment about the hanging clothes!! Uncle Lee, we Malaysians are all used to this la LOL!!
    BTW, the packet of tea bag is attached to the card? So cute!
    Love your chocolate cream crackers cake. Hopefully one day I can persuade my hubs to bring me to visit you as I want to try your bakes and makes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the cards are so beautifully made. Mummy is so creative. Your girls handwriting is so beautiful..*envy*. The cake looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! what a productive day! Nice cards and nice cake!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the curtains on the card! What a well-spent day indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yan, all the cards are very nice and i especially like the finger prints ones. You're really a good mother, i can read from your posts always that you're really so dedicated to your children!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The cake looks so yummy, the cards are CUTE, nice holiday for ur family <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sheoh, you're creative, all the cards look very pretty.
    You cake looks so soft and moist. yum yum

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. One day can do so many things. Indeed a fruitful day.

    I like the camera card. Very creatively done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like all the cards but if I have to pick one, I'll say the "Tea is for Teacher" is the most creative and attractive one to me :) Can I borrow your idea? Would like to make this for Chloe's teacher next month.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the mother's day card. Can feel all their love for you :). Btw, I also like your Teacher's day idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All 3 cards have their uniqueness. The tea cup and camera consider more creative because they are not in the normal card shape.

    ReplyDelete