Cream cracker layered cake
Last Friday I steamed cream cracker layered cake again, as my 6 years old daughter, May requested me to make for her as her birthday cake. I have blogged about it here. She really loves this cake. While my elder sister helped me to cut the cake and put it into container, May kept taking it and putting it directly to the mouth. My sister told me, May should be half full before we went out for dinner.
This was one of the containers that we brought along to the restaurant. Other than the Horlicks Layer Cake, Cream Cracker Layered Cake is another cake that many would say nice.
I have previously blogged about the same type of cake here and here.
170gm Castor sugar
200gm cream cracker
5 eggs, beaten
2.5 tbsp Milo
1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the beaten eggs in batches and mix well.
3. Pour in cream cracker powder in batches and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into half. Add coco powder too one of the portion.
5. Spread a layer of original flavoured batter in the baking tray. Steam for 5 minutes. Then continue with a layer of coco flavoured batter and steam for 5 minutes. Continue doing this with alternating flavoured until finish up the batter.
6. Test with toothpick and it should come out clean.
Again, I submit this entry to Bake-Along No. 25 1st Anniversary: A Layered Cake.