2012-05-31

Cream cracker layered cake

Last Friday I steamed cream cracker layered cake again, as my 6 years old daughter, May requested me to make for her as her birthday cake. I have blogged about it here. She really loves this cake. While my elder sister helped me to cut the cake and put it into container, May kept taking it and putting it directly to the mouth. My sister told me, May should be half full before we went out for dinner.
.
 This was another type of steamed layered cake that all of us in the family like it very much.
Out of so many attempts, I still couldn't get a perfect layer. I still need to put extra hard work in the appearance of my baking.

This was one of the containers that we brought along to the restaurant. Other than the Horlicks Layer Cake, Cream Cracker Layered Cake is another cake that many would say nice.

I have previously blogged about the same type of cake here and here.
Ingredients:
250gm butter
170gm Castor sugar
200gm cream cracker
5 eggs, beaten
2.5 tbsp Milo

Method:
1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the beaten eggs in batches and mix well.
3. Pour in cream cracker powder in batches and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into half. Add coco powder too one of the portion.
5. Spread a layer of original flavoured batter in the baking tray. Steam for 5 minutes. Then continue with a layer of coco flavoured batter and steam for 5 minutes. Continue doing this with alternating flavoured until finish up the batter.
6. Test with toothpick and it should come out clean.
Again, I submit this entry to Bake-Along No. 25 1st Anniversary: A Layered Cake.


22 comments:

  1. i think this type of cake is healthier.
    not like those cream cakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can put some raisin or nuts in this recipe?
    I love raisin and nuts.. kekeke...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah another 2nd baking for Bake Along Event. Good Job! Perhaps I should try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiseh,
    Now I know what to do with that tin of cream crackers in my cupboard! Thanks for sharing!

    Love the latest two recipes at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good effort already. You can see how your children appreciated it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of baking with cream crackers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love this cake alot too! But too lazy to crush the cream crackers, hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too bad u stay far away else i would muka tebal and tumpang makan there :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for another entry! seriously, i think the layers are looking good and also much better than the previous ones, i also got the feeling that this is a very aromatic cake with cream crackers and milo. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wah, requested the same cake again, sure it is very nice lah..

    ReplyDelete
  12. so i think you are now a cream cracker layered cake expert already?? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. somemore got orchids to decorate the cake woh!! haha~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. actually i think the photo looks yummy already, and the real thing sure is even more delicious since your whole family also loves it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. can la can lah.. you bake few more times get more experience then can start getting orders and than selling already!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like this Bake Along website got lots of sifu inside huh?? haha, really 臥虎藏龍~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have tasted this cream crackers cake before, in original flavor, it is very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are a cake baking professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so good in making Indon-look-alike layer cakes now. Your cream crackers cake is delicious, I tasted it before. No wonder lil May asks for more. I would do the same!

    Next round you must make kuih lapis, sure is a success one :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. My parents love cream crackers and this cake seems perfect for them! Plus it's steamed, very healthy. Will try this out soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never tried steam cake before & this looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes! I do remember you making this cake before. Anything with Milo is always delicious to me and this cake seems no exception.

    ReplyDelete