It is actually still early to bake for Chinese New Year, but I know myself well that I need several attempts before I can get a perfect one.Yesterday, I tried baking Zebra Butter Cake. Before I started baking it with the recipe that I got, I searched for ways on how to make the zebra stripes. I found a few good ones in You Tube.
|I was happy this time, as I have finally worked well with my oven. First time, I tell ya! I didn't burn the top, the side and even the bottom of my bake.|
|Though the zebra stripes weren't really perfect, I considered it successful as it was my first attempt.|
|I personally find it taste good. Of course there are still rooms for improvement.|
|After tasting my first Zebra Butter Cake today, I have adjusted the original recipe slightly to suit my kids' taste bud in my future attempt.|
Zebra Butter Cake (Original recipe is from Backericious)I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
Ingredients :( A )
200g castor sugar
210g eggs (about 4)
250g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
(B)7g cocoa powder
1. Beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add in egg one at a time and beat till well combined after each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, milk powder and salt, alternate with water until well mixed.
4. Separate batter into two portions. In one portion of the batter, add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
5. Put 3 tbsp of plain batter into the center of the pan and let it spread slightly on its own. Put 3 tbsp of chocolate batter in the center of the plain. It will push out the other batter and, as it sits for a moment, will also spread itself. Alternating spoonfuls of the two batters, repeat the technique until all the batter has been used up.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160 degree for 40 - 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.