2013-02-05

Chinese New Year delights 2013: Melted butter cookies

This year, I baked butter cookies for the most number of times. Other than the earlier Danish butter cookies  recipe, I also tried this melted butter cookies recipe. I like the melted butter cookies more, because of its melt-in-mouth texture is really unresistable.

Instead of all purpose flour or self raising flour, this recipe uses High Protein Flour and Rice Flour. It needs only 2 more ingredients, which are butter and icing sugar. Meaning, this recipe requires no egg.
I kept trying this recipe as I wanted to practise my piping skill. I really enjoyed piping the cookies. It is so much fun.

My first batch of melted butter cookies.

My second batch of melted butter cookies . I had accidentally put in too much red colour. I wanted to do partially pink Daisy petals, but it had turned into totally pink Daisy.

This was my 3rd batch and I tried another piping nozzle. I invested in 2 piping nozzles for this festive season.
 
 
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from
Vivian Pang's kitchen
Ingredients:(A)
200g butter, softened at room temperature
50g icing sugar

(B)
150g high protein flour
50g rice flour(
粘米粉)

Methods:
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Piping Bag and pipe out into flower shapes.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 160c for about 10 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down.
 
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

38 comments:

  1. Yay! I got the first sip of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmnn.... I can smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Mama your photos are getting better and better now. They are like pages from the cookery magazines! ... Nice!






      Now we miss that orchid flower! LOL...

      Delete
    2. You have invested so much piping gadgets. Very soon can do big business! The second photo's shape is nice like the Danish Butter Cookies. I am tempted to bake cookies but the date is drawing too close.

      Delete
    3. it's a good investment . One time buy and can use for many times

      Delete
    4. I am wondering how you could put the M&M smarties on top without melting them? Yannie pandai.

      Delete
    5. yalah, all those equipment for baking, one time investment and you can use them like forever.. split the cost by number of bakes you have, then you won't feel the pain~~ :p

      Delete
    6. Hot mama's skill has sharpened by now, all the time and effort she poured into the practice. Thumbs up.

      Delete
    7. I am sure in no time hot mama sure have lots of baking equipment

      Delete
  3. mmm these cookies really melt in the mouth leh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Kucing, you're right! They really melt in the mouth~

      Delete
    2. wow, sounds very very delicious lah!! Mak Yannie should poslaju to each of us a bottle, hahaha~~ :D

      Delete
    3. I love this kind of cookies..yummy!

      Delete
    4. yes butter cookies really melt in the mouth..
      I can smell it from here too..

      Delete
  4. is that M & M? Sk sure will drool on that hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, Hot Mama is baking M&M's cookies?? i always wonder why those M&M's won't melt but stay so perfectly nice on top of the cookies..

      Delete
    2. I think that is the final touch..
      when finish bake only put in the m&m

      Delete
  5. Yan, I have curi curi eaten a few of this biscuits, nice! (Intended to keep til CNY but can't resist, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I din't bake any CNY biscuits, boo~

      Delete
    2. Hayley you have time to bake?? hahaha.. well, i guess even if you have a little time to do other things (besides taking care of Aden), you might want to spend the time shopping~~ :p

      Delete
    3. with little baby around, it's not easy to have the time..

      Delete
  6. Yan is so rajin with her baking despite her full schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because she enjoys pancuting her cookies and then bring them to bake~~ :p

      Delete
    2. LOL... Gila Thambee! Wakakakakakaka....

      Delete
  7. yay my tummy wants it... i have tasted a cookie like that before... I forgot where we bought it but it was the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice... I have not started baking for own consumption... see how la... maybe Friday night drive night trip to do a few gua..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow another type of cookies. :P You're really hardworking Yan! :) Anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very industrious! You are getting better and it looked nice! I'm sure your guests would love the taste too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really envy you..you baked such yummy-looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cookies....really hardworking baking away. I prefer buying them, but nothing beats the homemade ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This recipe looks easy and delicious! I want to try it for CNY next year... too tired to bake anymore cookies this year already...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow.....the name and the picture of the cookies already making me drooling for it. U r so hardworking. Even working and have 2 school going girls to take care, you can still managed to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi yan, i sure like melt in the mouth type of butter cookies. YOur 3rd batch of cookies look perfect!

    ReplyDelete