Short hair for my princesses

19:00 Yannie 31 Comments

Both my girls had started to  keep their hair long since they were only 2 years old. I never let them cut their hair shorter and above the shoulder level. Everyday, my husband and I would help to wash, brush, blow and tie their hair. It was actually lots of trouble to manage their long hair, especially they have so many activities everyday.

When their Papa was at work, I needed to drive to their school at my lunch break, just to tie their hair again, because I didn't trust their own and also their granny's work.

On weekends, I needed to wash and blow their hair twice, once in the morning after swimming lesson, once in the evening after table tennis training. Each time I would spend 30 minutes just to manage their hair.

Their Papa and me talked to them many times whether they should get their hair cut short. April and May would every time refuse with the excuse that they wanted to join the dance performance at the school year end concert. Long hair can be styled nicer and easier by the professional hair stylist, so to speak.

Last week, we had finally got them to agree and head to the hair saloon for a short haircut. I promise to let them keep their hair long again if they don't like their short hair. I wanted them to try short hair at least once.
April before the hair cut


April after the hair cut

I find her look as cute as she was 2 years old, but her kid sister, May said she looked like wearing a helmet :(

May before the hair cut

May after the hair cut


May also looks like when she was a baby too. She can accept and like her short hair better than her big sister.

After bath, they could do their workbook almost immediately without going through the trouble to blow, brush and tie their hair.
I feel pitiful for them to cut their long hair that they had kept for so many years, but it is also good to have a change in their hair style.

31 comments:

  1. You should try to teach them to do their hair instead of keep doing it for them, if they really want to keep it longer lol!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hairstyle....both of them look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think both girls still look pretty with short hair.. look more active and more afresh with that bob hair i guess.. i like April's hair more, maybe she has more hair than May??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess the girls will slowly get used to short hair and perhaps they will like it because it will save them a lot of time to manage their hair.. maybe from 30 minutes drastically cut down to less than 10 minutes!! then they have 20 minutes extra to read books!! how's that?? :)

      Delete
    2. the parents also can save time, especially you do not need to go to the school during lunch time to tie their hair now, right??

      Delete
    3. BTW how did you settle those long hair from the girls?? i heard that long hair can be sold at good money.. probably the salon collected them and sell to those manufacturers?? haha~~

      Delete
  4. They must be feeling 'sayang' to trim off the long hairs... But then again, hair will grows, just have to get used to this new look for the time being ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention, both April and May are still looking cute and sweet with short hair!

      Delete
  5. They still looks sweet with the short hair. It is really more manageable with short hair. That is the reason why my son is botak until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always liked my girls to keep short hair when they were still schooling in primary school. Now that they are bigger, they prefer long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both definitely look younger now! Trust me, they will feel light headed and cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both girls still look pretty with short hair. I so wanted to cut Gwen's hair but she won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly looks neater...and nicer. My daughter always had short hair when growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of them look cute! Looks neater and less work for you too :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Neat and nice. Easier for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice and neat. I would say May looks nice with her short hair style.

    Well, it is better to keep short length hair while at school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I really salute you for putting in so much effort to maintain the girls' long hair! I don't have the "interest" to do this although I have only 1 girl. Both April and May also look cuter in short hair. It's good to change their hairstyle once a while. Long or short also look nice on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer my 2 girls to keep shorter hair as well. I had managed to convinced Pearl but not Crystal, she insisted to keep her hair over the shoulder length and does not know how to tight her hair properly.

    With shorter hair, April and May look neater and cuter..I guess I will to use your convincing skill to convince my Crystal to cut her hair shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must also show my 2 girls how neat and tidy May's and April's study table are. Please share your techniques how to get your girls to keep their study place tidy....!!

      Delete
  15. The princesses look fresher in their new hair style. Short hair is more appropriate with their active lifestyle. I also keep short hair after becoming a SAHM, used to keep long hair when I was working. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice also with short hair. My girl is the other way round. She prefers short hair. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both your girls looks very pretty with the new hairstyle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Yan,

    Your girls look great with or without their long hair. But they did look very fresh with their new hairstyle.

    I love my mid-length hair and have this hair style for ages... LOL!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. you shldnt feel bad cutting their hair short, afterall hair can grow ma...with so many activites going around them, having short hair is not a bad idea..cleaner and now, lighter too..saves you the trouble too to tie their hair especially if you are in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanted to cut my daughter's hair short too, but she would whine and cry bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both your girls look so cute in short hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they want to keep long hair, wait until they can take care of it themselves. You only supervise and no need to spend so many time on it.

      Delete
  22. oh the girls look really nice in their new hairstyle. i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. at times changing their hair style is good also. If not how are they going to know which one suit them most

    as April is very active with ping pong, short hair also easier to take care

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both looked cute with short hair....... they are good too as they dare to accept new hairstyle. I remember I refused to get my hair cut but mum insisted i should cut them short. I cried after the hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh no...I miss April long hair T_T

    ReplyDelete