My daughters amaze me every day!

10:04 Yannie 32 Comments

Last weeks, the weather was terribly hot and humid. I sweat so much. I changed my clothes and bathed so frequently when I was home.

I cursed the sun and blamed myself for living at Equator. I told my husband that I wanted to migrate to Toronto and stay near my friend, Lee.

Adoi! Before I can materialize my dream of migrating to colder country,  I told him, we needed an air conditioner badly in my living room. Otherwise, we would hibernate in the room all day long.

Yesterday, I fetched my two daughters back home from school, we saw him cleaning up the mess after having someone to fix the new air conditioner. The girls overjoyed, especially April, she thanked her papa profusely for listening to us.

Before taking off her shoes and putting down her school bags, she asked her Papa that how much is the cost of the new air conditioner.   Her dad answered, "RM1400". She quickly ran into the room and got her purse that she keeps all her saving from the daily pocket money. I saw her counting the money.

I said, "Don't be silly, you won't have that much of money."
April said, "I know, I don't have RM1400, I  have a few hundreds, I can give RM 100 to papa. "

May too, running in,  taking out RM 100, giving to her papa. How sweet of both of them.

April said, " We want to share the fund of buying the new air conditioner. You and papa just need to pay RM1200 now. "

I was amazed by their gesture.

At the end, her papa took their money. Not that he needs their share of fund, we want the children to share the family responsibility, that includes the chores in the house and also the finance responsibility in the family.

I believe in nothing starts too young.


32 comments:

  1. awww they are so sweet. They already know how to share responsibilities at a young age. You should be proud and of course I salute you for training and raising them well.Good job Yannie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your princesses are so sweet.. Yes, start them young! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww April and May are so sweet!! Can see they really grown up already! ;)

    And yes, weather is crazy lately, sekejap panas sekejap sejuk >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet girls you have!!!! Not planning on getting a son?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet..thankful to have such lovely daughters

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so wonderful that your children are learning to contribute to the home. It will help them not take anything for granted. great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really nice....
    The weather is really damn hot n I always stay in the room n on the aircond...
    I m sure tnb will have a good laff by month end

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so thoughtful and caring. Both you and your husband must have set very good examples :)

    psst...I don't think you would like staying in Toronto. When winter comes, you'll be cursing at the bone-chilling cold and having to shovel the snow :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yan, your daughters are so sweet and caring. You are very blessed to have 2 adorable daughters.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are really a very blessed woman.. you have a loving husband and also two sweet princesses.. your hubby remembers everything you said, and your two daughters are always so brilliant..

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, hot weather recently if it doesn't rain in the late afternoon.. and i am also impressed by how efficient Jin Jin was.. you were complaining the night earlier, and by the time you reached home the next day, the air-conditioner was already there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very well brought-up kids, i really like your two beautiful angels.. this is the first time i heard about two kids taking the initiative to chip in a share for the household.. kids, the most, will only have done that after the parents sort of teased them about it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a very inspiring story, and yeah, how i wished their teachers will be able to read this and then make them the good model for the rest of the schoolmates to learn from.. thumbs up!! both April and May must be awarded the "Student Role Model of the Year".. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tell you how to cope the hot weather.

    By getting yourself outdoors regularly when it is scorching hot. After that, you feel fine despite the heat.

    Trust me.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nice advice, Minah! I'm so used to the cooling air in the office and when weekends come, I'll cry due to headache~ Maybe I should open the window and let the hot wind blows my face while working :p

      Delete
  15. Wow! That is very mature of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, you are a great example to all women and mums out there! How I wish one day when I have my own kid he/she will grow up like your kids! So clever, smart and understanding!
    Bravo Yan! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a sweet husband and wonderful daughters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughters are wonderful kids!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That's amazing. You've definitely raised them well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Jin Jin is so loving and understanding. He can't stand to see his honey soaked in sweat and got the air cond installed in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And both your girls are so thoughtful, they know papa is working hard to earn every cent and they are willing to share their papa's burden. Good upbringing! It's great to let them learn the price and value of all things.

      Delete
  21. My daughter gave her papa RM10 angpau on his birthday, haha! A good start, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have taught them well, so you deserve the praise too. Your hubby is amazing too. You just mentioned you wanted an air cond and your wish was his command!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sweeeeeeeet, your girls. Made my heart melt :) Aiyo you terbalik with me. I missed the sun and heat so much during winter and couldn't wait for the cold days to be over. I can stand hot spells but not cold.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm very impressed. Yan, you have really brought up your girls well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is very sweet of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm migrate to canada ah? sure boh? later you will miss Malaysian food leh

      Delete
  26. The Cooking Course eBook of the year. Healthy recipes, chicken recipes and cooking recipes from around the globe. Forget expensive culinary schools.
    healthy recipes

    ReplyDelete