Cupcakes for Teacher's Day

12:30 Yannie 35 Comments

I have been practising making these two types of butter cakes months ago.

1. Zebra butter cake.
Ingredients :
( A )125g butter
100g castor sugar
100g eggs (about 2)
125g self raising flour

 5g salt
 60ml milk
(B)

3g cocoa powder

Method :
1. Beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add in egg one at a time and beat till well combined after each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour,  milk and salt, alternately until well mixed.
4. Separate batter into two portions. In one portion of the batter, add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
5. Put 1 tbsp of plain batter into the center of the pan and let it spread slightly on its own. Put 1 tbsp of chocolate batter in the center of the plain. It will push out the other batter and, as it sits for a moment, will also spread itself. Alternating spoonfuls of the two batters, repeat the technique until all the batter has been used up.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160 degree for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.


 I used a 9 inches pan.


In fact this was my second attempt in  baking Zebra butter cake.


3rd attempt I baked Zebra butter in cups.
Though it was looked good, but it tasted yummy.
Yesterday, I baked again and this time I baked for my girls' teachers. I baked 9 Zebra cupcakes.
2. Orange butter cake.
125g butter
100g sugar
2 eggs (whole)

50ml orange juice
2 tsps grated orange rind
1/2 tbsp "sunquick" orange nectar
125g self raising flour


Method:
~ Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
~ Add in eggs one at a time, then add in orange juice, rind and nectar.
~ Fold in flour, pour into prepared liner and bake at 155'C for 25 minutes.

My first attempt in baking orange butter cakes.
My second attempt one day before Mother's Day.

I personally love the orange aroma from the cake. I really like this recipe.
Yesterday, I baked Orange butter cupcakes again. I sprinkled a bit of toasted almond nuts, Chia seeds and cherry on top.


I packed two cupcakes into a gift pack, decorated with a red ribbon and stick the girls' handwritten greeting note on it. Tadaa..... the Teacher's Day gifts.
During Monday assembly, the girls were told that the Teacher's Day celebration is on this Friday, because they have exam until Thursday. Yesterday, the students were informed again that they will celebrate Teacher's Day on Thursday (which is today) after their last paper at break time.  Thank Goodness that I had got all ingredients and things ready. I cancelled my night swim and baked two trays of cupcakes last night. Later at noon, I have to deliver 9 gift packs to their school. April wants to give to 8 teachers, including the headmaster and the assistant headmasters. May only wants to give to her form teacher.

Here, I wish all teachers "Happy Teacher's Day."

 


35 comments:

  1. Firstly, all the cakes in the photos looked very presentable! You can bake like a pro already Yan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish to find time and mood to start baking again, hehe.

      Me too, wishing all teachers a Happy Teacher's Day!

      Delete
    2. On the other hand, I wish to find time and mood to blog, sigh~

      Delete
  2. What a lovely teacher's day gifts. Made from the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all the trial-and-error attempts before the actual day! I'm so blessed to have try your zebra and orange cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind being your guinea pig, kekeke~

      Delete
  4. Makes me sad to see this post. Just a few years into retirement and now...nothing! Sobssssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why you cry baby? You have been blessed with tons of gifts and tins of Hams from all over the world. I should be jealous and cry buckets!

      Delete
  5. Your Zebra Cakes are beautiful. I could smell their fragrance from here!!! Mmmmmn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you like Leopards more than Zebra! Perhaps you could try to turn the Zebra into Leopard Cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anay likes that cups used for your orange cupcakes. They look so presentable and attractive like those served in High Teas at 5 Star Hotels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it is 4.30pm and your cakes are killing my stomach! I need something for tea! I wanna download your cupcakes and eat!!!

      Delete
  8. wow, how I wish I'm your girls' teacher! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice gift. I see many mummies baking cupcakes for their kids' teachers too. I didn't make anything at all cos over here, it is not Teacher's Day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to praise all your props and decorations that made your bakings so professional. I think Agnes Chang will copy from you too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wa...wish you could make one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheoh Yan, although i spend a lot of time wrapping my gifts, i think you spent more time baking all the lovely cuppies for the teachers. everything is made with love. i bet the teachers are going to be very touched :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many version and trying. All look good, I like the orange cake, nice color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow.. Mak Yannie's signature Zebra Cake!! and those very nice orange cupcakes!! the teachers are sure very blessed lah, they can taste the nice cakes from Hot Mama.. Uncle SK also want to taste them lah~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. the look is not important, what is important is the taste of the cake.. afterall after you have wrapped them nicely in individual gift packets, they look very nice and delicate indeed!! now we can say, everything also 強求包裝, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooopsss.. 講求包裝 i mean~~ :p

      Delete
  16. funny lah, keep changing the dates and that would really caused inconvenience to the parents.. BTW, is that compulsory for every student to get something for their teacher?? i don't remember we were requested to do that last time.. the school will prepare everything, and the teachers didn't expect anything from the students too..

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wonder how many parents will be baking?? probably the teachers will have tons of cupcakes given by their students.. actually i think it's not necessary to have EVERY student buying presents lah.. maybe everyone chipped in to buy one single more expensive and more practical present for the teacher, that would be nice.. agree??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...lovely cupcakes and I am sure the teachers will love it too.Good job, Yan!

    I also baked some cupcakes for the Teacher's Day celebration. Just use the simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so lovely, for those teachers who received it must be very happy about it!!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Next time I must have a piece of your zebra cake. ok?

    ReplyDelete
  21. The orange cupcakes still taste the best. Moist and fluffy. Thanks for the treat.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh April wanted to give more teachers and May. Never mind as long as they how to appreciate teachers effort.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Yan,
    Lovely cupcakes! Looks good! And very lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The cupcakes look super good....The teachers sure very happy with this special gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so hardworking! I only did my no bake brownie for Ethan's teachers. Easy stuffs. No sweat at all wan! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. the zebra lines look nice ! eh, how come the school cannot decide when they actually want to have teacher's day celebration? :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's is nice
    Cakes for the teachers..,
    I think last time I just buy some gift for the teachers

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to try that Orange Butter Cake!! :) No Teacher's Day celebration in girl's primary school because of the exam week last week.

    ReplyDelete