Healthy Steamed Bananas Muffin

11:45 Yannie 28 Comments

I made these on my Hari Raya holidays. I personally love these healthy steamed bananas muffins a lot, because it is healthy. My recipe isn’t too sweet, and I add in ovelet and rice flour, the muffin texture is fluffy and soft. When my kitchen has overripe bananas, I will sure remember to use this recipe again. Steamed cake is always easier to prepare than oven baked cake, and it is healthier too.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
100g sugar
2 overripe bananas
75g corn oil
130g superfine flour
20g rice flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of ovalet
Pinch of salt
Instructions:
Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and foamy. Sift flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. Add in mashed bananas, and ovelet. Gently fold in flour, baking powder and salt. Add in oil alternately.
Prepare steamer, while pouring mixture into cake liners for 90% full. Steam for 15 minutes in high heat.

Very simple recipe, I hope you like it.

28 comments:

  1. Yummy! I made them a few times after seeing Small Kucing's post. Your muffin's texture is nicer than mine! I love to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meow told me to use darker over ripened bananas to get darker looking muffins. I think yours is just nice.

      Delete
    2. errr, can see the texture even without looking into the insides of the muffins??

      Delete
  2. Mmm....they look so yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, like TM, I've only seen darker banana cakes. Come, let me try yours, see nice or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also prefer to steam cakes cos I'm bad in baking. Somehow the success rate for steaming is always higher so I always blame my lousy oven for all my "tak jadi" baked cakes :p Your banana muffins look good! I like the pale, light colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try doing this too since it sounds quite easy.. :) They look good....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I find steamed ones are bettter coz less heaty

      Delete
    2. hands itchy only but mouth not itchy want to eat meh?? :D

      Delete
  7. oooh, banana muffins!! bababa babanana banananaaaaa.. i love bananas!! hehehehe!! those must be very nice steamed banana muffins as i can see from the photos.. and yes, i agree that steamed muffins is better since it's less heaty than the baked ones.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm, overripe bananas for baking muffins.. actually can extend that to other fruits right?? like mango, orange etc?? that would be the fun of baking, be improvised and be creative, always dare to try out new things.. like meow!! hahahaha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, look so yummy! hope to try making banana muffins one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yan,
    I can almost smell the bananas from here! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea, sounds like a simple recipe, everyone can try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not tried steam before, normally bake...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Healthy and delicious steamed muffins will certainly be my kid's favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This muffins recipe is simple and of course healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. owh must try this recipe la, mak yannie... Thanks for sharing... I love bananas v much... Moreover, it's a healthy option of cooking... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so delicious and fluffy...and simple to make. Hope I have the time to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes..these muffins look healthier..I have tried steamed egg muffin but not steamed banana muffins..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, steamed cake is better and healhtier than baked cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to google wat is ovalet...

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi yan, hope you are good at work. i am sure your gals ate many of these!

    ReplyDelete