August holiday

16:34 Yannie 20 Comments

Why I only blog about my August holiday now? Please read.....

August school break + Hari Raya = two weeks holiday. We didn't go anywhere out of town. We watched two movies, Despicable Me 2 and Smurfs 2.


I didn't manage to get them any McD Minion, but I got McD Papa Smurf and Smurfette. My brother got them each a Minion soft toys, now they hug them to sleep every night. By the way, my brother is a Taiping food blogger. If you can read Chinese and you are interested to Taiping food, you can visit his very well-written blog.


On the Sunday before school reopened, we took the girls to paddle boat at Lake Garden. You know what? I have forgotten when was my last time there. Probably more than 20  years that I didn't paddle boat at Lake Garden.


There are a few types of boats. We chose the yellow one, because the white boat didn't seem to have good air ventilation. Paddling in the yellow boat was definitely more cooling.


April and me were in one boat, May and papa were in another boat. I was using my Samsung S3 as camera. When I passed my phone over to my husband, I was so scared that it would drop into the lake. We were so careful when passing around the phone.



However, pictures of this outing were probably the last batch that were taken by my phone before it dropped into the squat toilet bowl in my office two days after the outing. I was the one giving SK the idea of his post on 26.08.2013. How my phone was dropped into the Jamban? You can find the reason in his post. SK and Twilight Man thought that I might not read that post at all, hmpf...


Today, you can see all these pictures. It was because I brought my phone to the shop. It was repaired. I was able to set it ON again, and I could copy all the data that I wanted, before I said "Sayonara". The circuit board is spoilt and it will make a fully-charged battery flat with just one call.

So now you know why I was hiatus, because I was still mourning of my drowning phone.

20 comments:

  1. Fuyoo...long time no blog post from you.

    So sorry to hear about your phone. At least you have these holiday photos before the incident. Haha!

    And sorry la, couldn't visit your brother's blog. I couldn't read chinese. Huhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor phone. Dropping it in the jamban is better than dropping it in the lake...at least you could still pick it up and retrieve some of your dates :)

    The Minion craze is only seen in Malaysia, I guess. Over here in China, it is totally non-existent. Just this morning, we went to a DVD shop to look for the Despicable Me DVD but the seller said he has never heard or seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i thought you have got them two McD minions but you didn't manage to?? hmmm, never mind lah, the girls' uncle gave them two HUGE minions toys to hug to sleep, that's even better right?? the minions look cute, Uncle SK also love them, hahaha!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice outing at Taiping Lake Garden.. and it's been ages Uncle SK have not seen those kind of pedal boat, with swan shape somemore!! haha.. i remember i rode those before in Genting Highlands, when it wasn't that commercial many many tens of years ago, haha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooopsss, it certainly is something 驚心動魄 to pass your phone like that!! hmmm, did that actually signal something?? you didn't drop that into the lake, but you dropped that into the jamban.. 不幸中的大幸 lah.. at least dropped into the jamban you can still have the phone right?? anyway, i guess you are not more careful with your phone now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear, yr phone dropped into the toilet bowl. I experienced once when I dropped my watch into the toilet bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No place like home - as long as the family is together, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. taiping lake ride ... that is good..
    some family activity together...
    actually if travel here and there is tiring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aiyoyo, no wonder you gone MIA la! I thought you ladies are busy with works as usual...

    Anyway, I heard the paddling thingy has gone improved at lake garden? Everything is new right? But I don't think I'd pay it a visit, scared of the hot sun, hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your phone. Luckily you managed to recover the photos. Cute minion toys your girls have there. I like the designs of the paddle boats...and they look so new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We knew you would read SK's post but you didn't leave comments. No wonder the sun didn't rise from the West. Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely family outing to enjoy. Your kids will have plenty of happy photos to look through when they grow up. By then they might become bloggers too and post all their happiest memories! !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I paddled on boats at KL Lake Gardens with my wife some 5 years ago. It was so fun and happy day. That was the last time I paddled. I think I paddled the first time in the Bangkok zoo with my mum in 1977. Yannie was not born yet!! !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would you agree that Samsung S3 really takes very nice photos??? Look at the fabulous photos of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The big yellow boats you picked reminds me of the Korean Running Man program. I am addicted to their fun shows that could make me laugh esp the Gag Concert! !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, I would mourn over the drowned phone too, so tragic! Nvm, get another phone. Money can be earned again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missing your blog posts so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh dear...so sorry to hear about your phone. i know how you feel cos my phone was stolen. not the same scenario but we both lost our phone :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear! My condolences to your phone... of all place to RIP, it has to RIP in the toilet :(

    ReplyDelete