Banana Cupcakes & Chocolate Chips Cupcakes

16:57 Yannie 13 Comments

I have stopped baking for a few months and I suddenly got bitten again by the baking bugs yesterday.

I baked one tray 10 cupcakes only. 4 banana chocolate chips cupcakes and 6 chocolate chips cupcakes.

When I checked my blog archive, apparently I have baked these types of cupcakes before.


My daughters prefer banana chocolate chips from this bake. They said banana chocolate chips cupcakes are more tasty than chocolate chips cupcakes.


Here I share these two very simple and yummy cupcake recipes again.

Banana and Chocolate rice cupcakes(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 10

125g butter, room temperature
80g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2tsp vanilla extract
100g self-rising flour
80g mashed banana
30g chocolate rice ( I changed to chocolate chips)

For the topping-chocolate rice ( I changed to chocolate chips)

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 150C. Put 10 paper cases in a 12 holes muffin pan.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in the flour and mashed banana, fold till well combine.
5. Add in chocolate rice, mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Sprinkle chocolate rice on top.
7. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 25-30mins, or until risen and firm to the touch.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Chocolate Chips Cupcakes

Ingredients:

100g Butter
80g Sugar 
2 eggs
120g self raising flour 
20g cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips 
60g milk
Adequate chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the batter.
Method:
1. Cream the butter and sugar until well combined. Adding 1 egg at a time and make sure they are well-blended in each addition.
2. Add the flour into the mixture, mix well.
3. Gradually add in the milk.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the cupcake cases, about 80% full, bake in a preheated oven of 150C  for about 25mins. (This is depended on  individual oven)
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I still think butter makes the cake tastier..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried some banana cupcakes before. I kinda like the taste of bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to know that your baking mojo has come back, then we will be able to see more delicious cakes being posted and make us drool!! yeah, when i heard banana chocolate and chocolate chips, i also felt like to try the banana chocolate cupcake.. banana and chocolate are really making a perfect combination don't you think so?? hehehe.. since your girls also prefer that, maybe next time you can bake more banana chocolate cupcakes for them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...I am hit by cooking bug recently too. Have tried to make scone, 鸡蛋糕 from rice cooker and white sauce with pasta. Will try to bake this soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try the black magic cake next time. super easy and very moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 cupcakes are just nice for me. Looks delicious. I would like to try making these too one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember you blogging about it...me too stopped baking....LOL....must find one good day to start again

    ReplyDelete
  8. It look tempting. My kids sure love your cake, they are bananana haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. These 2 are my favorite! Not difficult to bake too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi yan, nice to see you baking once again! hope all is well with you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it that you used chocolate chips instead of chocolate rice. I prefer chocolate chips too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried bake the banana cake, instead of chocolate chip, I put walnuts. It tastes good too.

    ReplyDelete