2014-01-04

My first post in 2014

Happy New Year 2014, folks. Though I am not so active in blog sphere for the past six months, I really appreciate you folks for continue dropping by my blog, be it leaving me comments or being silent. I apologize for not visiting your blogs.

My every New Year resolution is still losing weight. Other than this, I wish that I can stay easy and active as ever, I can have more patient in everything I do, and I also can in better control of my temper. In short, I just want to be HAPPY. Muahahahah!

Since I am only writing blog once or twice a month, I better summarize everything in one post. Ok, today I actually want to share the food that we (the girls and I) cooked and baked in December.

1. Colorful glutinous rice balls with orange sweet potatoes in brown sugar ginger syrup
This was actually cooked by my MIL, the girls and I helped in shaping the balls. I must not forget to mention, the sweet potatoes were prepared by me. Slurp! 
2. Christmas M&M cookies
I always wanted to do something special on Christmas. I worked on Christmas day this year. These M&M cookies was the simplest which we could do on Christmas eve. 
3. Colorful glutinous rice balls in clear syrup.
The girls did not get enough of Tong Yuen and bugged me for more. 

All colors are natural except the pink one. Hey! We all pee-ed pink urine on the next day. Yerr...
4. New Year butter cookies
These were the second attempt of my girls in piping the butter cookies. The result is so amazing. 

The stupid oven didn't perform well, or the stupid baker didn't adjust the temperature well, you say?
5. Spaghetti Carbonara
My first attempt to use white sauce instead of the most commonly used tomatoes sauce. My family like it. 
6. Healthy oatmeal banana chocolate chips cookie bites.
This bake needs 3 ingredients, 1 cup quick oats, 2 very ripe bananas, and  1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake 15 minuites in temperature 170C. Healthy and yummy, I must say. 
Once again, I wish all of you stay happy, rise up, start fresh, see the bright opportunity in each new day. 

30 comments:

  1. hai... can u share with me your Healthy oatmeal banana chocolate chips cookie bites.
    looks yummy...tq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuazue,

      Thanks for dropping by. I guess you want me to share the recipe of healthy oatmeal banana chocolate chips. You can refer the link below. This is really a very good idea of children after school or before school snacks.
      http://www.therookiecook.com/2013/09/fast-easy-healthy-oatmeal-banana-cookie.html

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Yan.

    Alamak...the cookies got burnt. well, sure will make better ones next round

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping, Meow. Hehehe! Half tray burned, but I still ate them.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 to Yannie, Jin, April and May!! may your new year be filled with lots of happiness, health and wealth!! and talking about your new year resolution.. loosing weight is now not a resolution for me, but rather an obligation to me, hahahahaha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting bonding time with your two girls.. i think all those cooking and baking surely made the kitchen a lot merrier huh?? nice glutinous rice balls, i love the colors.. the M&M cookies, errr, how come the chocolate cacat already?? haha.. as for your cookies, i believe practice makes perfect, surely you will have nice ones when CNY comes.. and the spaghetti carborana, wow, it really looked delicious, like~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear fr you again Yan. Very nice food that you prepared for your family. Happy new year to you & yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls and I love the glutinous rise balls too. I had made three rounds already. Those cookie bites look yummy. Happy new year to you and the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those cny cookies?, I asked my mom about it just now!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you & family. Thank you for the Christmas card. Stay happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year to you, yan and may you stay healthy and pretty always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2014. No wonder haven't seen you around, so busy...so very happening, your life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i miss your updates. are you very busy at work? the food you cooked/baked are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear from you again Yan! Same like Barb, I miss your updates too! And Yvonne's as well. I think we have so much to catch up on!

    You seems very good in baking already, good job!
    Happy new year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yan,

    Happy 2014 to you and your family!!! I have been hearing from you for a while... I'm guilty too of blogging too much and so I can totally understand why you decide to post and blog less :p

    Losing weight for 2014??? You looks so slim... still need to lose weigh meh??? :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Yan to you and family.

    Wow..i see lots of goodies especially the cookies ready for CNY celebration. Don't think I will be baking any cookies. Not my strength..lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha! Welcome back!

    Happy New Year and I shall look forward for more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Yan,
    Happy New Year to you and your family!
    You have been busy with all the goodies that you've made!
    Wish you all the wonderful things in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year to you and family! Taiping must have got good feng shui that all the good bakers and chefs are growing by numbers! You have slowed down blogging to one or two post monthly but your bakings have increased!!!! Well, I would say family comes first! You are doing the right thing, mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your food and cookies look very good now with all the creative background you put up. They looked even more delicious lah!! Next time can try funny shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So your new year resolution is to lose weight but all I see here are food haha! Although one week has passed, I hope it is to too late to wish you and your family a happy and wonderful 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Yan.
    It's good to see you again. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love carbonara spaghetti...
    This year as usual my mil make golden tong yuen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always admire you all, can bake very well :)
    I MUST try at least to bake simple cookies this year ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cookies look good, too bad they are burnt though. The spaghetti loooooks reallllly gooooood.. aiyo.. midnite now and i'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh please please make these come through the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've not been blogging frequently too for the past few months.

    Thks for sharing the healthy oatmeal banana chocolate chops cookies. Look really simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  27. good summary of the month....clear and sweet....keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete