2014-07-19

Why I say so?

I am a proud wife.

12 years ago, when we were still in boy-friend and girl- friend’s relationship, he had done many things that touched my heart.

After getting married, after I had conceived and after I had given birth to 2 daughters, he still did many things that could make me feel loved.

Many times, he made me feel so blessed being his wife. Let me just pen down one of them which happened not too long ago.

My ten years old (standard 4), April was given an assignment of the “Rekabentuk dan Teknologi” subject. The assignment was to make a basket by using newspaper that was folded into long strip. Her papa spent an evening to fold many newspaper strips.

I felt guilty for not helping any. Therefore, I offered to help her to weave the basket.

We had to follow the technique “Anyaman”. I skipped my run in the gym to work on this assignment together with April. We ended up not so happy that evening, because the basket that I made having too many holes and out of shape. I was too shy to take picture of the “Anyaman” basket, as it was actually a total disaster, I reckoned.

Bad mummy still forced April to bring it to school and close the assignment regardless of the poor mark that she might get.

Then, when I happened to see the “Anyaman” basket that her friend brought to school, I felt terribly bad and decided to redo one before the closing date of the assignment.

I told my husband about the plan that I was going to redo another basket for April during our pillow talk. Lol!

On the next day, apparently was my husband’s off day, I came back from work. April ran to me happily. She said to me that her papa had spent one whole afternoon making one new basket for her, and this one was in great shape and no hole in between the newspaper strips.

I was amazed by his hard work and great effort in making this not-so-easy “Anyaman” project a successful. At the same time, I felt so lucky for having him as my children’s dad.

He completes for my incompetency.

That is why I say so.


18 comments:

  1. so blessed to hv such understanding hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very understanding husband indeed but is the objective of this assignment for the children and parents to form close bonding relationship and teamwork and so must involve the parents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, this project did not really need to involve parents, but I found it was too tough for the children. Even adults also would have problem to make this basket. That's why we helped her.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply. I get it now. Happy holiday to you and your family!

      Delete
  3. hi yan, i dont think i can do that basket too..you are really so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah!! The basket is nice leh!
    Your white knight is indeed the man of the house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, such a loving husband, bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what we called LOVE..makes the world go round

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! He is so clever daddy! It looks perfect like being rolled out from factory's line. I can imagine how pretty it could be if he had used all colored magazines too.
    Hey, your photography skill very canggih too! Kudos mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what an amazing daddy!!! u and the kids are so lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you certainly is a proud WIFE as well as a proud MOTHER to your JAM..

    ah, i've seen this newspaper strips weaved into very nice baskets.. many students were doing that, is that some kind of standard syllabus for the kids?? i actually find them looks cool and i want to learn how to make one also, Mama Kucing also did a few to be given to teachers on Teacher's Day i remember.. but then i am sure not as nice as JJ's work and probably even worse than Yannie's work, muahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, you are indeed very blessed to have a nice husband who is loving to you and your kids! A very handy man too... very sai sum.. the basket proves it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two thumbs up for papa! Very neat workmanship and the basket looks so pretty :) Your hubby has always been an awesome family man...a great husband and father!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very very blessed to have such a loving and fantastic hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes i know how hard to make the anyaman., I did for the teachers day. Fingers pain leh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Yan,
    You have a wonderful hubby and a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The basket is made so beautifully. Yes you have a very good husband. Both of you are made for each other. I have been telling Andy how good your hubby is :D

    ReplyDelete