2014-08-02

Crazy over oats

I have got bitten by overnight oats. I have it as breakfast every day, be it at work and at home.  It makes me feel full and energetic for my first half day.

Overnight oat is so easy to prepare. I just need to spend 5 minutes to mix soy powder with warm water. Soak rolled oats, chia seeds, nuts and raisins with warm soy. Put all in jar or container and keep it in fridge overnight.  Cut fruits on the next morning and place it on top of overnight oats.

There, my on the go, healthy and yummy breakfast.

With pineapple

With apple

With steamed Japanese sweet potatoes

With bananas

With water apple and mandarin orange
Out of all overnight oat recipes, I love overnight oats with bananas, kiwi and apple the most. I actually don't find pineapple and orange go well with oats.What say you?

13 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right Yan..I don't find orange is good with the oats..hahah. I don't like pineapple so I am not too sure. Pomelo is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet to try them. Bananas & nuts should be nice but not pineapples I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think banana goes the best with oats. I like mine drizzled with some gula melaka or nutella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! looks really delicious and you have all sorts of different combinations of fruits and nuts to go with them.. hmmm, i guess i shall start to make some for myself, instead of the very boring one with just plain hot water~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oats, just cook porridge - can have it either salty or sweet. Lowers cholesterol, they say..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and others have lured me to eat overnight oats too. It has been over a month now that I prepare 2 jars nightly with tiny cut fruits added inside as I am too blurr & lazy to prepare anything early in the mornings. I have tried all types of fruits and now I prefer to add in raisins, papaya bits and chopped black grapes on top of rolled oats and Yogood's muesli fruity nuts with milk. It is really heavenly ala Anay's recipe. What's your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha.....same here but not for me but for kaldip

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally not a fan of pineapple actually... but I only eat Hatyai small baby pineapple...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many have posted their overnight oats. But not for me. Will try it soon. I think oats goes very well with nuts and berries. Kiwis, orange and pineapple kinda make the taste sourish right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yan should try Avocado with gula melaka. I think is will be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think i should try overnight oats one of these days!

    ReplyDelete