Ocean Palace (Star Cruises Libra Chinese Cuisine)

15:57 Yannie 11 Comments

“Going on Cruises trip, meaning you would gain weight if you didn’t watch out your diet. “ There were 3 inclusive restaurants; Four Seasons (Western Cuisine), Ocean Palace(Chinese Cuisine) and Mariners Buffet( International Buffet - Pork and Lard Free) that you could dine everything for free.

There were also 3 Ala Carte restaurants; Blue Lagoon, Taipan(Cantonese and Nyonya Cuisine), Spices Restaurant (Malay Cuisine) with moderate charges applied.

Me, a forever weight watcher has already trying hard to lose some weight before boarding the cruises. Anay TM had also given lots of information on food that I could find on board. Though there had no overnight oats that I eat every day, there were always two types of yogurt found on breakfast. I savored 2 full bowls of yogurts. I would also make myself a plate of ceasar salad with lots of vegetable and fruit. This eating habit made me go poo poo twice a day. Muahaha!

Besides, I made time to run and swim. Phewww! I didn’t gain any weight for staying active as usual. 

PIL prefer Chinese food, me actually running between two restaurants on Deck 4. Smart me, I would go to western restaurant eat yogurt and salad, then only I returned to Chinese restaurant for dim sum and other dishes. May be running from restaurant to restaurant could help burning some calories too. You can try, hehehe!

 All these food pictures were taken from Ocean Palace (Chinese Cuisine). I like the glutinous rice (loh mai kai) and Ang Ku Kueh there very much.
Day 1: Breakfast - Dim sum( Char Siew Pao and Siew Mai )
  |                  

11 comments:

  1. Aiyo! I see all the food oso I feel full already. No wonder you kept running and swimming during your cruise trip :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merryn, it is hard to resist the food there, especially, the restaurants are opened for breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner and supper. The food there can really burst your small tummy.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting food album you have created and will remember exactly what you all ate. I am such a lousy food blogger as usual and snapped long buffet tables which will not help me to remember what made me fatter sinfully.
    I could say I had similar 2 rounds of the gala dinner and breakfast dim sum at one go, shared by my uncle as the ladies were weight watching like you. Hihihihihi.... From your photos I guess I ate 50% similar to yours. It was such a fun and happy relaxed trip that was worth our money. The best part for you would be the lifetime happy memories for JAMY which is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help to agree more, Anay. Just the food there has already worth all $$$ spent. I don't mind going again for just the food there, but I must lose 5 kg before boarding.

      Delete
  3. What capture my eyes the most, was the bowl of dessert with "froggie eggs". It looks super yummy!

    Where's the salad and yogurt photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Ah Hua, Salad and yogurt photos are not nicely captured.

      Delete
  4. adui, forget about on diet lah, for just 3D2N only, you have so many free (or rather inclusive in your payment) food to savor and wallop!! haha.. OMG, three restaurants to go, I guess that's enough for me and I don't need to spend extra on the other charging restaurants..

    so smart of Yannie to go restaurants hopping!! muahaha.. nice idea to have some appetizer in the western restaurant then joining your PIL in the chinese restaurant later., I would probably do the same too, bcos I also love yoghurt like yannie!! Yannie can actually mix oats with yoghurt and they would taste like overnight oat, I do that usually (bcos I never do overnight oat before yet, *jakun mode*).. :p

    wow, look at all those food in the photo album!! I wonder how Yannie can resist not to eat more!! muahaha.. you bangsai twice a day, got output and input, so that's balanced, no freak!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must bangsai twice a day, SK, other wise I have to stand sleeping to burn extra calories.

      Delete
  5. They told me so very nice - there are so many outlets, all kinds of restaurants to eat...eat...and eat! For inactive people like me, sure is not a good idea to go on a cruise if like that, just eat and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely STP, on cruises trip, you just have to eat, eat and eat as much as your tummy can take in. Hahahaha!

      Delete
  6. I think going on a cruise is like going on a eating trip with so much food on board. I think I will have to run around the ship if I eat everything on board.

    ReplyDelete