Pumpkin white fungus dessert

10:41 Yannie 3 Comments

I love pumpkin. I love pumpkin in everything. I am attracted to all types of pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin goes well in almost everything. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin cake, pumpkin soup, pumpkin noodle, pumpkin bun -- the lists are endless, and endlessly mouthwatering.

It's Halloween this Friday, and the reasons to celebrate with more pumpkin cooking.

Besides, pumpkin is packed with some powerful healthy perks -- like keeping heart health, vision, waistline and skin in check, as long as reducing additional sugar, that is.

Let me know how you find pumpkins in the comments!

Whenever I went to market, I would come back with at least a slice of pumpkin. This pumpkin dessert that I boiled last weekend is my top favorite.  Only 4 ingredients, white fungus, lotus seeds and pumpkin. A little bit of rock sugar for taste.

Recipe Source - Kimmy - Cooking Pleasure
(I amended the recipe slightly) 
Ingredients
20 gm white fungus - soaked, washed and break into florets
200 gm pumpkin - peeled and cut into small pieces
20 red dates
20 lotus seeds (optional)
3 pieces pandan leaves - washed and knotted
2000 ml water
90 gm rock sugar to taste
  1. Bring water to boil with white fungus.  Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
  2. Add in lotus seeds and red dates.  Cook for another 20 minutes.
  3. Lastly add in the pumpkin and pandan leaves.  Cook for a further 15 minutes until pumpkin is soft.  Add in sugar to taste.
  4. Dish up to serve warm or chilled.

This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by  Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY)  and hosted by  Eileen (Eileen's Diary).

3 comments:

  1. I love pumpkins too. Usually stir fry with anchovies or add to dessert. This is interesting recipe. I bet it is sweet and taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin dessert is tasty! I love to eat anything made with pumpkin if it is not too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen people putting pumpkin in this dessert! This is interesting!

    ReplyDelete