I may not be perfect .....

17:19 Yannie 13 Comments

 .....but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life is perfectly right.

My big sister came to my house, she stood in front of the cabinet and said something like this,
"Yan,  your children are so young and they go to school just a few years, they have got so many prizes and trophies eh!"

To be very honest, they got them so easy and I might not as appreciative as what others would think that I was.

Their papa bought this new cabinet just two weeks ago. He took three continuous evenings to organized his daughters' trophies and medals. He arranged as such that the prizes from kindergarten are put in the old cabinet; the prizes from the primary school are put in this new cabinet

These big trophies are mostly won in Ping Pong tournaments. The small trophies are won from many different competitions which held in the school, such as singing, drawing, spelling, story telling, poem, mathematics, and many other academy related subjects and sports day events.

Little did you know, I was so harsh to them. I remember that I caned April when she wrote "Piano" as "Piana" in her first BM test paper. I threw May's English paper on the floor when I saw her missing out two questions because of careless. I know that I am a very demanding mother.

In year 2015, I wish that I will have a little more wisdom and patience to deal with my life as the mother of my daughters. I want to be my daughters' biggest fan, encourager and supporter because I love my daughters.

I am a proud mommy of April and May. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Why Yannie so garang like step mothers in Fairy tales? Wakakakaka
    Honestly you are doing the right thing for being firm and strict on certain issues. You and I have seen enough rotten spoilt kids today, which we could blame their retarded parents too.
    Your kids were rewarded with trips to Taiwan and a luxury cruise at such young age! They should thank their mama and papa 1000 times! I so jeles lah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, in the family of JAMY, it must be something like 慈父嚴母.. but at least Yannie being strict to AM has resulted in both sisters topping the class and winning lots of trophies from competitions after competitions!! wow, look at that cabinet, i think sooner or later, JJ need to change a bigger one to put all the trophies.. now Uncle SK wonders where have all his trophies gone??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be harsh if you must - spare the rod and spoil the child - but as long as they are showered with lots of love and given ample quality time spent with them, all will be fine. You are truly blessed, two wonderful girls and a great hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sure one proud mummy! I hope my kids will be this smart next time, hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My house used to be like that too hahaha! Every year we would add at 6 to 8 trophies at least between me and my sis. My mom got new cabinets for those.
    Then we grew up and finished school and when mom knows we don't care about those trophies anymore, they were all discarded. Now all that is left are our framed up degree certs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done ! As for me, I am not the garang one but my wife is. hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to April and May for winning so many trophies! I am sure they know that you are proud of their achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yan, you have done such a good job training your girls and I'm proud of you now that you have decided to be a good supporter to them both!

    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to both April and May. They have achieved so much in such a short time. Of course you are a proud mom, we are all very proud of your girls too. Amazing achievement they have :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to keep those trophies neatly. They bring good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. bravo Yannie. You are a good mommy. and April & May sure knows it

    ReplyDelete
  12. You done a good job, Yannie. Your children are talented and good girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee, I thought my mum was fierce :D You have great kids!

    ReplyDelete