My Chinese New Year 2015

14:01 Yannie 15 Comments

I know what you think when reading this post title. Yes, it is outdated. Never mind, I just want to share the pictures that I captured during the festive. Let me summarize the 15 days of Chinese New Year in one single post.

1. My CNY home decor, only outside, nothing was done inside the house. Next year, I must remember to cover the inside home decor too. I will improve, ok!
Special thank to Anay, TM  for the diamond shape stickers that he sent together with the CNY greeting card. The one on top was sent last year, and the one at the bottom was sent this year.

2. CNY is the time for feasting. No one will disagree with me. I am feasting on my MIL's home cook, outside food, my own homemade cookies and cakes.
This year my MIL cooked 9 dishes to pray to ancestors on Chinese New Year eve, that 9 dishes was our CNY eve reunion dinner food.

3. My CNY day 1 outfits. I wore this outfit to my PIL's house and also to the temple for praying.
First time wearing Cheongsam. I bought this torquay color batik cheongsam at RM75 from Malacca, Jonker Street. 

4. Group picture was taken with my SIL and her children by using their CASIO selfie camera. 
The top picture was taken at home and the bottom one was taken at the temple.

5. Group picture with my secondary school classmates.
We had bigger group than this actually at the gathering. But only a few were interested in taking picture.

6. Attending my princesses' school CNY concert and dinner.
April had dance performance that night.

7. CNY dinner with colleagues on the evening before Chap Goh Meh.
All the guys are our Japanese advisors.

That's all that I could capture as my CNY 2015. 

15 comments:

  1. #1.. i think outside or inside also nvm lah.. outside gives you a welcoming message, while the inside gives you a celebration message.. i guess inside the house you already have the 喜氣洋洋 feel when everyone gathers together..

    #2.. hehehe, i did not touch those CNY snacks during CNY.. but then after CNY, i am eating them to clear the stock, hahaha!! as bad~~ :D

    #3.. fuyoh!! the Taiping Hot Mama looks stunning in that turquoise batik cheongsam!! somemore parading around in Taiping, sure adds color to the town and everyone comes to see her, hehe!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4.. selfie camera?? haha, you mean that camera is for selfie only?? but the one taken indoor is kind of blur leh, the one in the temple is a lot sharper..

    #5.. oooh, secondary school classmates gathering.. i also met up with some of my high school friends during CNY :)

    #6.. CNY concert of the school.. wow, that's cool!! no photos of April performing??

    #7.. oooh, i see the familiar Ah Hua in the photo!! all the guys are Japanese, and your department is actually an all-lady department?? fuyoh, impressive!! the ladies 擔起 the whole IT department dei~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phewitt! so lovely.

    LOL...you not outdated la...me lagi teruk...baru posting christmas punya barang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lantern. Ooooo...and I love that cheongsam dress of yours, so elegant, very classy and beautiful, nice colour. Wahhhhh...one big happy family. Lots of females, I see. Any guy still eligible and available. Wink! Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, I like this post.. About the decorations, at least you decorated also ma.. I live in a condo, so very minimal decorations.. Plus, the kids will peel / destroy whatever I decorate.. Ahhh, my favourite #2 .. CNY is about eating and cookies and pineapple tarts.. And I know you homemade most of the cookies, or maybe all of them.. And look at those dishes on the table.. I can eat 10 plates of rice with those dishes, and also with only the fish oil from the fried fish, no joke.. Fuiyoh, you look like a model in #3 leh, really.. Pretty and "sok" leh.. You look so sweet in #6.. Is that a top or a dress? I love the top you are wearing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh you recycle last year's decor? I thought cannot recycle one, CNY everything must new, not meh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really good in that cheongsam. The colour really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cheongsam on 1st day. Wore cheongsam for 1st time last year, not this year.

    A great post. Wonderful memories of cny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice cheongsam! I notice that right away when I bump into you at Taiping Sentral during the first day of CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good in that cheongsam and that red Michael Kors bag!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look good in all the pic Yan. Love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I mean I love your outfits too but I really like your hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely in cheongsam..I like its color

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so pretty in the cheongsam

    ReplyDelete