She makes me smile

12:09 Yannie 12 Comments

One morning, when I got myself ready to work, I spotted some wordings on May's small calendar that stick at the wall  on top of her study table.

 I looked closely and tried to understand what the words that she has scribbled. 

She wrote down "司仪" (emcee) next to 30th of March. She also wrote "30 姐姐周会司仪" as a remark at memorandum column. Apparently, her big sister is going to be the school weekly assembly emcee on 30th this month. Hahahaha! Ain't May cute?

They are like most siblings, they fight, they quarrel, they scream and they compete with each other when having conflicts. They laugh at their own silly antics, they chat before their bedtime, they also bath, play, sing, watch TV, eat and have fun together everyday.

However, I don't expect that April being an emcee can be something important for her kid sister to jot down on her calendar. This little thing made me smile when I drove to work that morning.

My 11 years old, April wearing her new pajamas and showing off her very first angpow this year on Chinese New Year eve.
My 9 years old, May wearing Elsa (Frozen) pajamas. Every year, their first angpow is always from their papa.
April with her minion lego, a gift from Auntie Cannie (my best buddy).
May and the Hello Kitty lego.

A little note to April and May, "Please remember, because you have a sister, you always have a friend."

12 comments:

  1. Happiness is always around us. I am glad you spotted it. Just a few words could make mama happy all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them have a very close relationship leh. No fighting. May sure look up to April :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood runs thicker than water. Lucky girls, they have each other for companions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, it's the precious sisterly love between April and May and Uncle SK is very glad they love each other so much.. ooopsss, i should have said there are actually THREE sisters in JAMY family, hehe.. they are the YAM Sisters!! 芋頭姐妹, muahahahahaha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see our kids being close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smile too when I read this post.. Kz and G fight too, bite each other and all.. But when I say to Kz, "Ok, then mummy give G to porpor, G stays in porpor's house tonight ok?", Kz will say no, no, no, G must come home.. And then, Kz will say to G "come come, korkor sayang ok".. Makes me smile big big too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sisters. Fight or no, they are sisters and close as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And by the way, it was my dream to become an emcee at assembly but it never came true for me! So good job to your girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute...
    Btw...on losing weight which you wrote on my blog... I manage to lost 2 kg in 3 weeks. Well, I have been running almost 25km for a week's mileage, with a 10km run coupled with 5km and 6km for 5 days. It helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. April looks like you and May like her Dad right? But both are growing so beautifully. I love looking at your daugthers. They are so lovely and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your last sentence, sisters are like good friends, erm, more than good friends actually ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very sweet of your girl. I know I know they always fight..compete...but sometimes they can be extremely loving.hahah

    ReplyDelete