Going for low carb diet

15:41 Yannie 32 Comments

If you are following me long enough, you should know how conscious I am on health, diet and fitness. Well, I put on weight during Chinese New Year. For your information, I didn't stop my exercise routine even during festive season. I still went to run on treadmill for at least an hour on Chinese New Year eve, day 1, day 2,....... just like any other day. Surprisingly, I still put on weight. It was because of too much carbs that I consumed and it contributed to high calories intake.  I didn't burn the calories as much as I consumed.

Therefore, I go for low carbs diet and I continue my active lifestyle. Thanks Goodness, I have successfully shed those weight off in no time. To be honest, I am a big eater. I enjoy food a lot. Just that I am very watchful on what I eat. I try to have very minimal carbs in my diet. I go without rice for lunch and dinner. I only eat fish, lean meat, vegetables and fruits. I also cut down on biscuits, cakes and breads.

On weekends, I boiled my favorite desserts such as green beans, barley and lotus seeds with rock sugar. I could take 2 to 3 bowls at one go, and that was my protein packed lunch.

I also boiled papaya, white fungus with rock sugar soup. It was so tasty and nutritious. It could replenish all the water that I lost during my workout.

My husband who knows me well, would cut all the fruits in the fridge to be my best snacks in the evening.

I see fruit as food from heaven. I eat all types of fruits and I spend a lot on fruit alone. I take them as the post workout recovery needs.

A diet would not be complete if it was without vegetable. I make all my favorite vegetables into salad, and I sprinkle with lots of nuts, raisins and seeds. Fruit and vegetable are vitamins packed; nuts and seeds are protein packed, both categories help boost up my  body immune system.

I hit the gym at least 5 times a week, each time 1.5 hours. I combine both cardios and strength training in my exercise regime. I find myself look the best each time after my workout. 
I feel so good in zero make up, tank top and jogging pants because I have burst all my daily tension and stress together with the fat. Regular exercise has increase my self-confidence, improve my sleep and lift up my mood. Thanks to the effect of endorphins.

I am actually looking for more protein-based recipes. DailyBurn has provided me lots of best protein-packed ideas and tips. Besides DailyBurn Facebook community too has shared knowledge about the benefits of protein for fitness, especially on Fuel-6. the vegan protein powder.

32 comments:

  1. I must try the green beans, barley and lotus seed dessert. I love fruits too but sometimes too occupied with work that I hv neglected them. You look fit and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I eat lots of fruits too keep me hydrated, but then some fruits have high sugar content. Eating more veggies better.

      Delete
  2. You are looking good. I like all your food posted here except for the tong sui, my mother cooks them with lo hon ko (to get the sweet taste) instead of putting in sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if can omit all the sugar, it is a better choice. I just can't go without the taste of sweetness. That is why I need to work out harder to burn the sugar intake.

      Delete
  3. You're so slim already, and exercise all the time...no need for a strict diet but yes, it is good to go low on everything. Moderation is the key to good health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a few pounds to reduce, STP.

      Delete
  4. Hi Yannie, you look really slim and fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jasline, thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  5. wow, this is indeed a no carb diet and I would say I love that!! all the tong shui look so delicious and nourishing, love the barley something something and the white fungus something something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have carb a little bit here and a little bit there, as I love bread. I still can't go with no carb, I only go low carbs.

      Delete
  6. and I would say JJ is doing such a great job!! it's the support from your loved ones that make you realize your goal more easily I guess!! just look at those neatly cut fruits, somemore with the dips, aww, how sweet dei~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yannie is sure very fit and yes, look at her in the photo.. you know what, beauty is redefined in this age.. confidence and strong is the new beauty!! we have one here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, SK. Love this comment so much. Hahaha! Confidence and strong is the new beauty, I super like this sentiment.

      Delete
  8. I eat rice almost every day..haha. Cos my kids will have rice as dinner every day except weekend.

    Wow....5 times a week at gym! Salute you but I know all worth the sweat, right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee Ling, you are born thin then. So good for you, do not need to go through the hardship that I need to go through.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Rojak is fattening la! I should go without the dip, but sometimes I just can't resist.

      Delete
  10. How nice if I am still working with you, can tumpang makan for free, haha xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! I seldom take to office now, it is so strict to bring food into office nowadays.

      Delete
  11. Yannie, this is so inspiring! I must learn from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all your baking, I always go to your blog to admire your baking. Those are carbs, which I have to skip eating.

      Delete
  12. Well done , you do look slimmer now! Anyway, do increase your carb intake if you are running for marathons like that Bukit Larut run. They will give you energy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a friend from work who does that too. His diet is NO CARBS, he won't even eat rice when we go for lunch at a place that serves chap fan or nasi campur. He'll just choose the meat and get charged a very high price. I've never seen him touch carbs for the two years I've known him and he drinks heaps of coffee too.

    Yeah, exercise will make you feel better. Good on ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No carbs, woot! I only going for low carbs. I still can't go without having bread.

      Delete
  14. Ooooo, I love this post, coz I love all the food in this post.. Love tong sui, especially your papaya white fungus tong sui.. I can have 5 bowls !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very easy to cook. You can try cooking that. It is very nutrient for ladies.

      Delete
  15. I try to go carb-less too for dinners usually, but I need to have a meat or fish component in it. If it is just fruits and/or vegetables, I will definitely go hungry in less than 2 hours after eating, that would prompt me to have supper which is counter-productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RealGunners, once we are getting used to low carbs, then we won't go hungry that easily. For your information, I do have supper occasionally, my supper is always fruits. Actually, we should have no food after 7pm.

      Delete
  16. You do look good Yannie. Totally love your glow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really look good. I totally love your glow.

    ReplyDelete