Fitness is my passion

15:38 Yannie 18 Comments

I have mentioned umpteens times that I love exercise and I am a gymaholic. Toned arms, firmed abs, squared shoulders, tight butts, lean, vibrant, flawless health. That's my passion for fitness. I achieve the benefits of staying fit, and I also give up hobbies and interests that I previous enjoyed.

Leading an active lifestyle, I have got benefits such as fit appearance, higher energy, better overall health, fewer food cravings due to balanced diet and exercise regime.On the other hand, I have also traded off the time to social with friends at gatherings, the commitment to pursue work advancement, the fun events with colleagues, the eat out at restaurant, the drinks at cafe, the cake at bakery, sleep an rest. That's my body and that's my choice. I just have to compromise to two principles:
1. If you want to make further changes to your body, you'll need to make further changes to your behaviors.
2. The less body fat you want to get, the more of your behaviors you'll have to change.

Me and my gym buddies

You spot me? I am at my Zumba lesson

Once a week at Sauna to let my sore muscle recover from workout. 

These are my animal prints collection. 
Digressing from the fitness topic. I just want to share here that my bikinis, my sauna bath ropes and my jumpsuit are animal prints. Hehehe!

I go to gym 4 times a week. I do Zumba 2 times a week. I go swimming, hiking and sauna, each once a week. I am still thinking of adding a yoga class on Sunday early morning before my family wakes up.

I still believe that I have the power to choose my priorities and goals. I am able to make the decisions to get the body I really need while still living the life I want.

18 comments:

  1. This post is so inspiring to motivate everyone that health is wealth.
    The Dalai Lama once said that most humans spent all their lives pursuing for money and ended up using all their money to nurse their sickness throughout old age. That is wise and logic quotes!
    So we all need to take the middle paths with enough exercise, quality time with family and friends too.

    I am very surprised to see all your pretty sauna robes! I never knew there are such wild leopards and tigress lurking inside the saunas in Taiping. Muahahaha In Japan, these robes might not be so hot selling as their folks parade in birthday suits instead at the sauna watching TV pula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh... Today I just noticed your very bright and neat blog layout. Well done & nice!
      Time to change the bulb to brighten my blog too for better feng shui.

      Delete
  2. I envy your fitness lifestyle. Wish I hv the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is indeed a very inspiring and motivating post!! i do agree, it's all about determination and discipline if you really want to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle.. glad that Yannie actually enjoys all the hard work and sweating, as well as the routines in the gym (not forgetting occasionally some pain, hehe)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see Yannie is having a variety of different activities in the club, she can run, weight lift, swim, hike and goes to zumba class.. i guess that is one factor that keeps her going, because doing the same routine repeatedly may be too boring, and that is one major reason why many could not hang on to that and chose to quit.. but Yannie makes it!! look at how she enjoys mingling with her gym buddies (instead you have make lots of friends there!!) and also enjoy parading in her animal prints suit and selfie everyday in the gym, hehehe!! that's one nice thing to motivate herself to get better and better each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course, it is your body it is your lifestyle, you have your own say on how you want them to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww!!!! Nice outfits! Roarrrrrrrrr!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You look great, fit and healthy. Compared to you, I am lazy and fat! Unfit too.

    Used to go to gym thrice a week and aerobic class twice a week last time but after I have kids, I could not find times to exercise!

    I hope to catch up on some gym session when my youngest going to kindergarden next year. I have some spare time in the morning then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get my daily work-out from the playground. Now that Ayden is 2 years old, I can jog around the court while he is on his ride on car. You are looking great Yannie. So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah, you are very tall :)
    Your animal print collections very sexy leh, I like..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done ! Yes, exercise is always good and once you started it, you don't want to stop it. It make us feel good and confident! And , calmer and less stressful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Uncle. When will you show us your leopard tongs and zebra undies?? Kikikiki

      Delete
    2. huh ? Don't scared away all the ladies here...muahahaha

      Delete
  11. I am just opposite, too lazy to do any exercise. I just wanna go home right after work..I have got to force myself to exercise sooner or later..Yan, keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yan,

    You look amazing! After Melbourne and winter and our US holidays, I'm getting this bulging tummy! Ai ya!!! Hopefully can lose it after summer!

    I can see you are happy with what you are now. I'm happy for you too. This is awesome! Keep it up!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you look the fittest in the photo! And awww I miss gym and Zumba so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you Yannie! I am very inspired to keep up with exercise. It's a constant struggle....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done for having the discipline to go all out to get the body that you want. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete