Weekends home cooked breakfast

16:31 Yannie 16 Comments

I don't always make breakfast for my family. When I have mojo to make breakfast, my menu is usually American style breakfast.
The breakfast menu is sausage, sunny side up egg, toast, baked beans, cucumber and tomatoes.
Sometimes, it is depended on what I have in the fridge. I made French toast sandwiched with Nutella when I had left over bread. 
Pasta in tomatoes sauces is my daughters's most favourable breakfast menu.
I saw this recipe in FB. Flattening the left-over bread with dough roller, the recipe is using cheddar cheese, but I applied butter on the bread as I didn't have cheddar cheese. Wrapping hot dog with the bread, and dipping the bread roll into egg. Then, heat up oil for deep frying the hot dog rolls. It would be nicer to coat with bread crumbs before frying, but I didn't.
Flour, egg, milk and sugar are good enough to make pancakes like these. We love eating pancake plain without adding any topping.
Kneading steamed sweet potatoes with glutinous rice flour, sugar and oil, then deep frying them into sweet potatoes balls.
When the overnight Chinese tortoise bun had become hard, I would slice them into small pieces, dip into egg with sugar, then deep fry with melt butter. It is so nice to have these with a cup Kopi-O.
Home cooked food is the best, and it is even better if the children is involved in the food preparation. They will learn to appreciate food more. 

16 comments:

  1. Wahhhhh!!!!! With cooking like yours, no need to eat out lor. All so very nice!!! You tried my family's pancake recipe once, right? Did not see ENO in your ingredients - would make the pancakes lighter and fluffier.

    Oooo...I hear your spaghetti calling out to me...eat me...eat me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I think it would be a challenge for a working mommy to prepare breakfast for the family every morning before everyone goesto school and work huh?? but for weekends, I think it would be nice and sweet to do that, especially if there is or are somebody to help in the kitchen.. having homecooked breakfast together in the house is a good bonding time too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah.. the big breakfast!! I always love that, American or continental.. love the combination of sausages, ham, baked beans, sunny side eggs, toasts, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, sautéed mushrooms, bacon... as well as fruits and yoghurt and fruits, hahaha!! the list goes on, and I can actually eat a lot for breakfast..

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you have varieties and not cooking the same every weekend.. so you also have French toast with Nutella filling, pasta (is that tagliatelle or linguine in the photo??) in tomato sauce, pancakes, sweet potato balls, rolled bread with sausages and also your creation with the tortoise bun!! eh, so much of different varieties.. JAM sure very happy and looking forward to Yannie's breakfast every weekend horr?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very hardworking lady! I like all of them above especially the last one.. turtle pancakes dipped with eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your home made breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many patterns ah your breakfast! All looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah, very hardworking.. Good job.. Lastime, I also got mood make geh, then make-make-ha, no mood liao, everything from the packet only - 1 Vitagen, 1 yoghurt and 1 slice of bread with kaya for the kids only.. No more pancakes or muffin or cupcakes or fried sausages+eggs, hehehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. *clap hands* all looks very good leh. Dunno where to start eating if it's all in front of me. Think will try the potatoes balls first coz long time have not eaten that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your breakfast is so colourful and made it look so yummy! I never get tired of eating the same combo since small till today. I love everything you made and miss my mother now. Sobs!
    I am very attracted to this Tortoise Bun or Mee Koo. I have not seen them in KL for years and must ask my colleagues later. I want to eat them so badly after seeing your last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking American breakfast! It's been a while since I had it , with a thick black coffee. oh boy.. I need one now! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your American breakfast. Looks so good. I can have that for breakfast everyday without getting bored. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I like! All look yummy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first time I heard of Tortoise Bun, what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy breakfaSt.... U make so much ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so a hearty homecooked meal prepared by mommy is the best! All the breakfast meals you prepared in this post are delicious! I will definitely like to eat them.

    ReplyDelete