Story of the year 2015

15:58 Yannie 20 Comments

Hi, Hi, folks. A few more days that we are going to bid farewell to 2015. Every year this time, many will write about their resolution of the new year. My resolution is forever the same - losing the last stubborn 5 pounds.

I look back this year, though there was something happened to test my willpower, I have resolved the matter and gained an experience. Other than that incident, I consider my year of 2015 is fruitful.

1. I felt happy and proud of myself for being the 3rd in my maiden run at King of Bukit Larut, on 26 April 2015.

2. My department was the champion in our company Talent Show dance performance. This was another happy moment of mine on 16 May 2015.

3. My two princesses represented Perak to take part in the national tournament that hold in Kuching, Sarawak.
4. We went to Golden Sand hotel, Penang for a 3D2N stay in June school break. My best friend, Su In and her family joined us for the getaway.  

5. I took part in the parental singing competition on 13 September 2015. I paired with May, and that was my maiden singing competition. So nervous!


6. April and May were both first in the form of standard 3 and standard 5.  April also won herself the best female student of standard 5 award. I am so proud of my two princesses.

7. I lead a very active lifestyle by doing yoga, zumba, gym, swimming, hiking and sauna throughout the year. These are my zumba classmates. The one in green singlet next to me is my zumba teacher. 

8. We visited Kuching, Sarawak on 26 - 29 November 2015. My two daughters were there for the table tennis tournament, so they were busy at the stadium most of the time. My husband and I had a chance to tour Kuching, Sarawak just the two of us. We were like the newly-wed couple having our honeymoon again. Wakakaka!

9. Finally, our dream came true on 2 - 10 December 2015. We materialized our wish by leaving our foot prints on the land of  the rising sun, Japan. We went to Disneyland, Disneysea, Mt.Fuji and many other places in Tokyo during our tour.

10. I last visited Singapore was in year 2000. After 15 years, I am so excited to see the greatest Christmas Lights displays in the world. The glittering lights on the famous shopping belt of Orchard Road, here we come for our Christmas eve count down and Christmas celebration.

That is all, this is my review of the year 2015.

To all my friends, wishing you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016! 

20 comments:

  1. It has been a great year for you and your loved ones. All good wishes for an even more awesome one in 2016! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and well wishes. Same to you, I wish you and your family have a very happy 2016.

      Delete
  2. Yannie, you and your girls achieved so much for this year! Well done! And you all had a wonderful time together for your holidays too, so nice :) Well, I am sure that 2016 will also bring you and your family much success and joy! For me, I am forever trying to lose the last 15 pounds muhahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I think I bake so less in year 2015. I wish I can have time to bake more in 2016. Your baking posts are so inspiring, do you know that?

      Delete
  3. Hi Yannie, congratulation to your two lovely daughters. Well done.
    Thanks for sharing all your very nice pictures.

    Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year to you and all at home.
    Best regards,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, thank you so much for dropping by. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family too.

      Delete
  4. Very eventful year ya... I hope you will write a post specifically on the Christmas stuff in Singapore..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RealGunners, ok, since you request, I will do so, hahaha! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Wow... Yan, you really have a fruitful 2015!! I had mine to.. Good, sweet, painful and limping memories... hahahaaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, I wish you have a speedy recovery. Everything happens for a reason, and yours, let you know that you have so many people caring for you. You so blessed.

      Delete
  6. looks like Yannie and JAM had a very beautiful year of 2015.. that is indeed something to be cherished and remember for long.. hope you will have an even more interesting new year 2016 ahead..

    #1.. 3rd placing for your maiden run!! that was very very impressive Yannie!! so next year you will run again and get better placing??

    #2.. ah, i remember this agogo thing, haha!! how fun to be able to have such a performance in the company event.. everyone looks beautiful in there!! :)

    #3.. well done to April and May!! they are surely the gem of Taiping huh..

    #4.. how nice Penang is so near and you can conveniently go there from Taiping in just a hour's drive..

    #5.. oooh, two beautiful lady on the stage!! so you have had your very first stage performance, i guess this will give you more courage to get on the stage a second time?? we shall see a better results next year huh?? :)

    #6.. wah!!! your two girls surely are the 風頭人物 in the schools lah.. not only they are good in sports and all competitions, they are also the top students in the class and form!! hebat!!! Yannie must be a very proud mother walking into the school..

    #7.. you surely have a very healthy and active lifestyle, you joined all the fun activities and i guess most importantly you make more friends.. :)

    #8.. i went to Kuching too, if not mistaken it was 2002, too long ago until i cannot remember well about the trip already, hahaha!! so that's a honeymoon for Yannie and Jin Jin to enjoy your 二人世界~~ :)

    #9.. wah!!! JAPAN!!! i like, and JAMY has been to so many places!! sure that was a very happy and enjoyable trip to Tokyo and surroundings.. got first time, sure got next times already lah, right?? hehehe..

    #10.. wah, this is a year of travelling for Yannie!! you have been to so many places and now you are preparing yourself to celebrate Christmas in Singapore!! that must be fun.. BTW, i hope you are taking a flight there, instead of coach else you will have to jam in the immigration for few hours, haha!! :)

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to JAMY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too.

      I wish that we can go to Japan again, may other places in Japan such as Osaka, Kyoto or Hokkaido. By the way, we are taking flight to Singapore on 24 Dec. Thanks for your concern, I can imagine the havoc at the immmigration too. I am very scared of that congestion actually.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Wow! Wow!

    Your year 2015 looks very good and well spent in a meaningful way. It is certainly a great milestone for JAMY which would be a great envy to many. You lost many kilograms yourself but reaped so much remarkable success in the children's development at school and social activities. You even passed the evil tests of having to face the greedy mother at school and I applaud your well composed stance to handle the whole matter well like an attorney. Yes, all mothers would have done exactly like you quoted but not all mothers would have handled it so well like you. Anay clap & dance to rejoice your duty as a great mother. Well done Yannie and Jin Jin.

    The whole year's sweat and tears ended so well with a well deserved treat for JAMY to enjoy TOKYO!!! All your family photos LOOK SO GOOD and all GOOD LOOKING too.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO JIN JIN, YANNIE, APRIL & MAY.

    May the year 2016 bring you all to greater heights and more countries for vacations!



    My 2015 was a roller coaster of mother's health and eventually a mourning year. Sobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anay, don't be sad. I understand your loss of your beloved mama is a great pain to you in 2015. You have to stay strong and positive, as you still have to take care of your beloved papa together with Letchumy.

      Anay, it is always my pleasure to have your drop by as you taught me so many things. Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  8. Wish you, your white knight hubby, April and May a very happy holiday. Merry Christmas to you and of course wishing you a blessing year 2016 ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since I didn't blog for the whole year... I also quickly did my 2015 wrap up story at least to end my 2015 pretty well.

      Delete
    2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Everyone lives their life differently, as long as you are happy and contented, then you are blessed.

      Delete
  9. What a fruitful year for you, welcome to Singapore, maybe I will run into you at Gardens By The Bay, hee hee

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done ... it is really a fruitful year for you. Hope 2016 is even better for you !

    ReplyDelete
  11. your kids are as active as you..looking forward to have another fruitful year..
    Is there a typo mistake on the ping pong banner of 2105?

    ReplyDelete