24 December 2015 - To Singapore

12:19 Yannie 20 Comments

I am actually sucks in writing food and travel posts. I thought of skipping my Singapore Christmas trip just like I skipped my Taiwan trip in 2013 entirely. Since our Singapore trip was actually a short trip and we had taken so many pictures, it is kind of pity if not sharing here.

This trip is actually our first trip without papa coming along. Only April, May and me going with my SIL, my niece and my nephew.
While waiting to board the plane, we took some drinks at Kaffa Cafe, Penang airport.
Our first meal in Singapore. We had fish head mee hoon soup and stewed mushroom noodles at one of the food court at Geylang.
It was about SGD3.50 per bowl. It is considered cheap if we don't convert it to MYR. lol!
We checked into the hotel that we booked online. It is Hotel 88 Premium, Geylang.
This room is about SGD100 per night, 3 rooms for 6 of us, and we stayed for 3 nights. 
I mentioned in this post that I had a childhood best friend, BL who got married and lived in . Singapore after finishing her secondary school. Upon knowing our arrival, she arranged her driver to pick us up from the hotel and took us to her house. 
This is her handsome car and a small part of her beautiful house. 

BL later invited us to join her family for the Christmas eve dinner at Botonic Garden. Words cannot express my heartfelt thanks I want to send to BL and her family on behalf of myself, my daughters, my SIL and her family.
We were served with delicious food, lovely Christmas cake, and KRUG champagne.
After the dinner, BL's gave the children Christmas' gifts. Before they left for home, she then asked her driver to send us to Gardens By The Bay. We joined the crowd to see the very beautiful Christmas lighting at Gardens By The Bay.
It was Christmas eve, you can imagine the crowd. We were so bless to have the driver chauffeured us there and back to hotel. Thanks, BL. 
We went back to hotel and had a good rest, because we would spend whole long day at Universal Studio on the next day. 

20 comments:

  1. That was a nice holiday with your girls. I wish to visit Singapore again after many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in singapore sure fun. Lovely snaps there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Kuching, then Japan, then Singapore. Last two, extra expensive...especially with our miserable ringgit. Used to go to Singapore for Christmas every year - not anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Lucky mama with such a good and generous friend. I have lots of relatives and friends in Singapore but.....

    Hey, I also have same issues like you about posting food and travels in our blogs. I thought I have problems alone. Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Lucky mama with such a good and generous friend. I have lots of relatives and friends in Singapore but.....

    Hey, I also have same issues like you about posting food and travels in our blogs. I thought I have problems alone. Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to document the trip here to remember it by. Your friend BL is such a nice person. You both must have done a lot of catching up. 3 rooms for 6 persons - did the children have a room to themselves and you and your SIL shared a room?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at Gardens By the Bay on Christmas Day, 25 Dec 2016, it was super crowded

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should write more travel posts, I enjoyed reading yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like reading Yannie's travelogue, who says you sucks in that?? haha.. everyone has their own style and way of writing their experience, don't compare lah.. indeed what I see from your travelogue isn't just about what you did and where you went, but more of a quality moment you spent together with your beloved JAM.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh so JJ didn't join you in this trip to SG?? I wonder if he actually won't feel worry about you bringing your two girls going overseas without him, haha.. anyway, maybe you went there with your SIL and that you have a good friend there, so he approved this trip without him.. :)

      Delete
    2. of course cannot convert the spending there into RM!! else everything also very expensive la, but you are true, compare just the figure then everything seems cheap in SG to the Singaporeans.. now SGD1=RM3, I also don't want to go to this expensive SG already, haha..

      Delete
    3. that was so nice of BL to ask her driver to send you to the places you wanted to go.. and what a nice xmas dinner too!! too bad she didn't join you at the GBTB..

      Delete
  10. What an enjoyable trip! Your friend is so kind to provide many conveniences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Singapore is best visited during December month... You girls look very pretty and sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice trip, I like.. When I think of Singapore (and Hong Kong), I think of Christmas, haha..Lucky la, you got BL to take you here there, eat good food..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah! Your friend must be super loaded, looking at the snippet of the house, and the fact that she has a driver! O.O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, Singapore is not to bad a place to visit once in a while, despite SGD being so high. I love the place, some of their foreign food and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been years since I last went Sg! I cannot really remember the place already....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Christmas season is the best time to come to Singapore as there are a lot of attractions everywhere. I also like to go around Singapore during this time.

    ReplyDelete