My homemade skin toner

09:31 Yannie 19 Comments

I keep my skin care regime to very simple. I always believe less is more. I don't believe in those essence water, whitening cream, hydrating serum and beauty ampoule.
I only use:

Day time
1. Gentle cleanser
2. BP (benzoyl peroxide) treatment
3. Mild Moisturizer
4. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Pure-Mild SPF50 sunblock lotion

Night time
1. Gentle cleanser
2. BP (benzoyl peroxide) treatment
3. Mild Moisturizer + AHA lotion + jojoba oil

Weekly
1. Facial mask
2. Eye mask

However, I currently found a good home remedy of skin toner. I accidentally read this very useful link of Scarlest Johansson's skin care tips revealed in one of her magazine interviews. She just used the diluted Apple Cider Vinegar to wash her face, and she confirmed that this had helped her to combat spots on her face.
I can certified that Scarlett Johansson has clear skin through big screen in cinema. 
Since I didn't have skin toner, I decided to DIY my own toner by following her tips. I went to buy Bragg brand ACV from the nearby organic products shop. It is only RM22. I use the ratio 1:3 as my skin toner recipt, 1 tbsp of ACV to 3 tbsp of water. 
This small jam jar is my homemade toner that will last for 1 week of day and night usage. 
I use cotton pad to dip inside the jam jar and wipe all over my face and neck, I avoid the eye areas as it is too harsh for these areas. Honestly, I feel my skin is very clean and comfortable after wiping with my DIY ACV toner. I have just started for 2 weeks, and I can't wait to share with all of you. I am adding ACV toner into my skin care routine. I use it twice a day, after my cleanser and before BP. I find it helps removing dead skin, leaving my skin feels clean, fresh and less oily. Besides, it can help reducing wrinkles, lightening acne scar and freckles too.

The below ACV benefits were extracted from here. You won't know how good it is until you try it yourself. If your skin is very sensitive, you can dilute the ACV a little more by using ratio 1:4. As for me now, this is an organic and chemical  free skin toner. Needless to say, it is very cheap and everyone can afford.

ACV Skin Benefits

As mentioned earlier, apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties to help prevent acne and skin infections. As well as effectively removing excess oil from your skin, ACV face wash is said to help balance pH levels and over time may prevent your facial skin from becoming both too oily or too dry by normalizing sebum production.
Apple cider vinegar also contains powerful alpha hydroxy acids to help remove dead skin cells and reveal a fresher and healthier complexion underneath them. Many expensive commercial face washes trumpet the minuscule amounts of alpha hydroxy acids they’ve added to their preparations, but ACV is full of far higher levels for much less.

19 comments:

  1. This is interesting to know about ACV. I have the same bottle at home too which I find that helps to purge out toxins. So it makes sense that when applied on our skin's surface it could work directly on these areas. I also have very-very oily face. My wife often said the grease on my face is enough to fry a plate of kangkong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anay, then you should get a bottle and fill with ACV and water, ratio 1:3. Spraying dilute ACV on the face is good to keep the PH balance, and making face fresh and clean.

      Delete
  2. I also have very oily face, the grease and shine will make my face looks like fried egg!!! interesting information about this apple cider vinegar, I always know it's good to consume this never know it's also good on our skin, but it actually makes sense!! indeed it's economical, a small bottle of toner on the pharmacy shelf is about the same price, needless to say those branded ones over the beauty counters.. I wonder how many years can that bottle of ACV lasts for Yannie??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worry, I drink ACV with fruit juice all the time. I can easily finish that large bottle of ACV. Now, I love this skin toner so much, I actually use it very frequently.
      SK, if you try this skin toner, please let me know the result, ok?

      Delete
  3. Yannie, thank you for sharing this very good information. I like ACV and have been using it for salad dressings and also ad a drink mixed with honey. All this time I never thought of putting on my face. I would like to try this ACV toner because I have lots of freckles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I am glad that you like my sharing of ACV. You can google to learn more about it as skin toner. No harm trying this natural home remedy at all, since you already have ACV in your kitchen.

      Delete
  4. shall try out your skin care recipe...I has stopped using toner for many years now do not mind using ACV if it is effective to restore my "beauty" haaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stink if you cannot stand the smell, but it is not bother me at all. The smell disappear when it is dry. Let me know the result, after using it.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing, I think I want to follow also, as I'm not using anything for my face.. I heard of egg+milk+honey+oats for the face, but I prefer to eat it, haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. egg + milk + honey + oats are too expensive to apply on face, you are right, they are more for the tummy. You should try ACV + water with ratio 1:3 as face toner. That is all you need, i think.

      Delete
  6. Wowwwww!!!! You sure take good care of your skin. Good, good! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beauty tips like this very much.

      Delete
  7. Wow thanks for sharing. I think it is meant for all skin types or for oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are dry skin, just dilute it with ratio 1:4 or 1:5 and limit to use once a day. I use twice or more times a day.

      Delete
  8. OMG really?? I must try it some day too! Definitely more economic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do update us on the result after using it long term!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so interesting. I think I should get it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't even know about it. Usually, I just asked my wifey when I got skin problems like dryness and she will pass me some tube. hahahha...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have dry skin but I don't know where to buy this ACV, supermarket got sell?

    ReplyDelete