A letter, on her 12th birthday

17:16 Yannie 16 Comments

To my charming, bright, perfectionist, eldest daughter….

Twelve years ago today, in the wee hours of the morning, you changed our life forever.

Your father and I smiled when you smiled. We frowned when you cried. We panic when you threw tantrum. We worried when you sick. We were so tired when you finally fell asleep late at night. We were excited to witness your first roll over at your back, your first sit on your butt, your first tooth, your first step, your first word, your first song, your first dance, your first day to nursery, your first time making me a mother’s day card and etc.

Your arrival has brought so much joy to my life. I truly enjoy being your mom.

Today, you are 12th years old, and I just want to let you know that I love you and I am so proud of you.

Here, I want to share my shard of wisdom with you.

1. Be yourself. How people think of you is none of your business.
2. Be kind and helpful to others. Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray
3. Listen to your heart. When in dilemma, always follow your own thoughts and lead your own life.

From now onward, I am not only your mom, I want to be your best friend.

Please count on me for your joy and sorrow, for your success and failure, for your ups and downs, and everything. I will be always here. I will be beside you every step of the way. I will hold your hand, cheer you on, pick you up and watch you discover all that it means to be you.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie April.

 Love,
 Mommy.




16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, April. You are growing be a beautiful, smart young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest April, I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday!! Time really flies and you will be a teenager soon. We have been following you and May's progress in your mommy's happy blog for years now. Study well and appreciate all the days with your family. Happiness is truly priceless and good memories will live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and touching birthday message, Yannie. Happy Birthday to April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to April! What a sweet letter from your mother. May both of you be best friends forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. Touching meaningful words for the little lady! All the best and God bless always in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a loving and sweet letter, Happy Birthday to you April !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy borthday April girl, many happy returns!
    I love love love that letter, I read 3 times! I love to read your share of wisdom to her, I always believe in no. 1 & 3, but no.1 is hard to do.. I'm still learning how to do it til today..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your girl! What a pretty girl you had !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet of you, Yannie.. Happy Birthday to your girl... when she grows up, this post will touch her lots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you girl! Cassandra's birthday is also on 9 April :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday April. Growing into such a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet and touching letter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday April, such a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessed birthday to your sweet girl. It's a very heartwarming letter to your girl.

    ReplyDelete