I read too

15:19 Yannie 11 Comments

The first book that I read in year 2016 is published by Odonata, and the book name is 头号粉丝 (Loyal fan). The characters in this book are teenagers aged from 14 to 18. In fact, it is April and May’s book. I have tried to read their books since many years ago. Of course, I could never keep up with the pace of them in buying new books.  Last year, I read one or two books only. This year, I want to read more.

Why I want to read their books?
1.       When April was much younger, she had started to read fictions that were meant for young adults. Every month, I bought one or two books from this publisher for them. The books are piling up in the book shelve.
2.       In order to know what my daughters learned and read, I must read their books.
3.       The books are actually very interesting, meaningful and educational.
4.       It is a good reminder for me as an adult to understand better how the grown-ups think and do.
5.       It is worth the value of investing in these books, at least 3 persons in the house have read these books.


头号粉丝 is about friendship. Two good friends drifted away suddenly because of the third person got involving in one of the friends’ life. This book has taught us the value of forgiveness, kindness and tolerance from friends. This book is a good reference on a true friendship for my two girls.

Tonight, I must go to the book shelve to find another book of theirs to read.  Am I  too old to read those young adult fiction? Hopefully not....

11 comments:

  1. I think it is good that you read the same books as your daughters to understand what they are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your daughters like reading. Children nowadays like to read comics instead of novels with a lot of words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course not too old to read young adult fiction, I also like to read children's fiction books at times, they can be very entertaining and educational and your English can improve at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good that you actually read your daughters' books. I don't even bother looking at Ethan's books and I know that means trouble. I will need to spend some time looking at his books one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I have been real staunch book lovers for a long time. That was why I was trading into importing books for sometime just for MPH. I realized the books and knowledge will never expire! We can read from our cradle to our graves too. You are really a wonderful mama to share their reading habits and discuss with them whatever you all read. Your care and love will be the ultimate legacy that will live happily forever in their hearts. Someday I will blog about how my mama read books to me!

    Right now I also have many new unread books from BBWS. I love to read them on the planes and overseas better than at home. There is too much distraction from me as I love to read blogs and watch TV more than reading books.

    Happy reading JAMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to read their books, so that we can understand they are studying in school, and also do revision with them.. Having said that, I never read any of my kids' books, hehe.. English ones, BM ones, I read some, sometimes, when I pack their old books out.. But Mandarin ones, never read.. Maybe I should, then I can learn simple Mandarin too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to read. I've given up though - strain on the eyes but at least, I do not need to sue spectacles at all, even at my age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books are universal one, no such thing as too old or too young for certain type of books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. err..I used to read but nowadays read my FB more...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nay! Age is not an issue. I myself love those fiction and children books. I still do and I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading too. Reading is therapeutic. Sometimes I get lost in the books that I'm reading. One is never too old or too young to read! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete