Drugstore skin care products that I use

14:25 Yannie 15 Comments

Today, I would like to share with everyone the drugstore skin care products that I like, and I use as my regimen to substitute Acne.org products that I needed to order online and get them ship from US. I can save some $$$ by getting the substitution from local drugstore. Thank goodness that the drugstore products give me the effectiveness about 95% of Daniel Kern's regimen that I previously shared in my blog post.
Morning, I cleanse my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Evening, I still use Acne.org cleanser.

After washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, I apply the Benzac AC 5% . I can't find the 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide anywhere that is in the Treatment of Acne.org. Therefore, I only use a thin layer of Benzac AC 5%  just enough to cover my whole face. In the evening, I still use Treatment from Acne.org as my 2nd step skin care regimen.
Wait for 3 to 5 minutes till all the BP in Benzac AC 5% is absorbed into the skin, then I press one pump of Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture combination skin and apply directly onto my whole face. This Neurtrogena moisturizer is light and good enough for day use. I still use the moisturizer from Acne.org as my evening regimen.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Pure-Mild Sunscreen Lotion SPF50+ is my favorite sunscreen lotion so far. I have used the 3rd tube already. I like it as it is not oily and it doesn't break me out at all. However, it will make the skin look patchy with white flake when it doesn't apply evenly.

This is me without any makeup. As it is Saturday, less people around, I need to go to gym right after work, so I don't put mascara, lipstick, blush and powder. There are still a few hormonal acne scars left on my chin. They can be easily concealed with makeup I believe.

I don't invest in expensive and branded skincare products. I don't buy serum and essence. I use only cleanser, treatment(BP), moisturizer and sunscreen (day only).  I put exfoliate and apply facial clay mask weekly. I go for facial once in two months. Lastly, I want to emphasize here that I have stopped all home remedies, such as diluted Apple Cider Vinegar and etc, because it didn't promise any significant result. Besides, keep the hands away from touching the face, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep and exercise more are all that matter for good skin.

To all Muslims, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Happy Holiday to all. 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good cleanser.

    Good skincare regime. I agreed with you that beside skincare, we need to eat healthily, drink enough fluid and get quality sleep.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. You look good in your photo. I also just use drugstore face wash only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beauty and skincare regime. Currently I am using Bio-essence 24K Bio-Gold Gold Water (it is a moisturizer).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My rhinoceros skin, too late already - nothing can help. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you take very good care of your skin. Me too lazy to go through all that hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed.. and eat more fruits too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister told me to have a Cetaphil a home, very good for babies, but they're a bit pricey.. I also have QV lotion in my cupboard.. Ezerra baby cream too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cetaphil is good , my kids also using it since their toddlers days. For me, I'm using Amway's guy cleanser. Though expensive ,it can last long and I feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When comes to skincare, I pay a little attention to it but I still follow proper steps on maintaining my skin.

    Happy Holiday, Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My skincare routine is the basic 3 steps - cleanse, tone, moisturize. All from drugstore too. Nothing fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Similar with Merryn, mine skincare regime is also cleanse, tone and moisturize ;) And of course, weekly facial mask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you very rajin. no wonder your skin is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always pay attention to your blogs when talking about skin care. Your face is almost perfect and flawless but you still worry. When you get older, you will find the serum is a good rescue for those who need it. I fully agree that plenty of water, sleep and exercise will radiate our complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. Drugstore has good stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I know where to get Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Pure-Mild Sunscreen Lotion SPF50+ in Penang?

    ReplyDelete