Mother's day

15:13 Yannie 9 Comments

Tomorrow is Mother's day. We are going for a simple celebration this evening. We plan to go to a cafe which has Mother's day promotion and live band singer. I am kind of looking forward to the outing.

I am now having an 11 years old child and a 13 years old teenager. They are now so much different than when they were young.

Let me share a few of the differences here.

Case 1: Bedtime, 
Then
Girls: Mummy, tonight can I sleep with you? So long I didn't sleep in your room.
Mom: No, sorry. Please sleep in your own room.
(Because mummy needs some me time)

Now
Mom: Girls, can mummy sleep with you? So long I didn't sleep in your room.
Girls: No mummy, you are too big to share my bed.
(Apparently, mummy didn't grow any bigger, but they are the one growing a lot.)


Case 2: What to wear?
Then
Girls: Mummy, please tell me what I should wear for the outing.
(Girls want mummy to decide what they should wear)

Now
Mom: Girls, please tell me what mummy should wear for the outing
(Mummy is seeking opinion and advice from the girls on what to wear now)



Time flies, they are growing up really fast. One thing for sure and it would never change. They are my priority in my life.

Happy Mother's day to all mothers out there. 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! We went out for lunch today (a day earlier) as tomorrow (Sunday), we would be sending my girl back to her school in the jungle, can't go out and celebrate on the actual day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. More like sisters than mum-daughters. They are your bestest girlfriends ever!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you Yannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very tickled by your recollection of then and now. So different yah? Happy Mother's Day to you, Yannie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day, Yannie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really grow up fast, Yannie.. All kids too except us... We moms are forever young!! Lol.. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy mother's day to you! good to write down conversations between you and your daughters. nice to read them again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right, our girls have becoming more matured each day, their opinions are becoming louder than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pretty daughters have grown so fast. It was like yesterday when they were still babies when bloggers met up.
    You have been a great mummy to raise them very well. They will know how to cook you delicious meals and take you shopping for latest fashions soon. Many happy returns and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete