A visit to Bukit Larut

11:05 Yannie 5 Comments

Throwback of a visit to Bukit Larut on January. It was the first weekend after school reopened, as I missed the chance to take April and May there during the December school break.

Though I will go hiking at the jungle trail on every weekend, I never hike higher up to more than 5KM. I believe the hill road is 13KM long. Because the King Bukit Larut longest running distance is 26KM up and down the hill.

Shame to admit that April and May had never gone up to the top of  Bukit Larut too until they were 13 and 11 years old this year. So happened that one of my aunties was back from Australia, I invited her and another aunt of mine to go up to Bukit Larut by jeep together.

Along the ride to the top of Bukit Larut, my both aunties shared their own stories of hiking up with their schoolmates when they were at the teenage age. They seem had so much fond memories in those days when they spent overnight at the bungalow house on the hill.

As for myself, it has been ages that I last visited the place, so I find it is so much different from last time that I had a barbecue gathering with schoolmates there.

My aunties brought along some fruits and we had a small picnic while chatting.  There is a cafe on the hill, but we didn't try. In fact, the scenery is nice, and the weather is kind of windy. It is indeed a good place for beautiful pictures if you like photographing.

Next time if you visit Taiping, and you want some good pictures for your album and a nice picnic place with your family and friends, please welcome to Bukit Larut. You just need to wake up early to come and buy the ticket of the jeep, because it is not selling online or in advance. It is always selling like a hot cake during a school break or a public holiday.
Besides, it is only 3 to 4 trips (limited to 4 to 5 jeeps per-trip) every day. The ticket price is RM10 for adult and RM5 for children.  Good luck!









5 comments:

  1. Nice and cool up there or not? I love the weather up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. I have not been to Bukit Larut yet so I must try to visit it one day. It is also known as Maxwell Hill, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenery looks very nice high up the hills

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice place to visit. Outdoor activities always appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are very nice with fabulous views and abundance greenery.

    ReplyDelete