My first night run

12:57 Yannie 9 Comments

As I mentioned in my earlier entry here that I went for a night run, the first run at night for myself, April and my town.

It was my working day and I worked from 8am to 5:30pm that day. I thought that I usually run in the evening, it was not a matter at all whether I work. I was wrong. My body was kind of tired that evening. It was also a rainy evening. It started to rain at 3:30pm, and the rain did not even stop a single bit when the race was flagged off at 9:15pm. Well, I just had to run regardless the weather.

It was a tough run for me. A runner from Ipoh led the run in my category. I was far behind her. Another runner also from Ipoh, overtook me half way through. I couldn't pace any faster at all, and I could only keep my own steady speed and running non-stop to complete the race.

So I was at the 3rd placing in women overall and also women veteran 8KM category.
Glory moment

With the 4th placing runner in the same category. We both are also Zumba buddies. 

With April before and after the run. She was at 10th placing Women Open 4KM. 

With my darlings. 
Till then, I have yet to sign up any run. I want a break for all the races. Don't get me wrong, I will still run every day on the treadmill in the gym, at the park outdoor, and also up and down the hill.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and to April too. Bet it was cooler running at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both did well. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and April, well done! You look lovely in the photos with your nice short hair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to April and you! You did very well considering that you are tired after working all day and also it was raining. I like your new hairstyle with a fringe (hair bangs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both mother and daughter did so well! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to both of you!
    Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. Very well done to you Yannie and April too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a successful parenting to encourage your kids to participate in sports and runs for fun. It is healthy and good for building mind power & willpower. Congratulations to you both!

    Your new hair do is very trendy and makes you look like a teenager. Jin2 has 3 daughters now! Kikikikiki

    ReplyDelete